• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Your Favorite Rare Cigars?

Anthem

Stay Thankful
Since I am an avid collector of rare cigars and bourbon, I thought it would be nice to start a thread asking some of the FOG's, and the Newbs like me, to tell us all their top two or three favorite rare cigars.

So folks, maybe we can give some people who are new to cigars some gems to look for.

Maybe a few of us even get to learn a little ourselves and certainly we can learn a little more about each other.

Please take a moment to name those favorite rare CC's or NC's. I know I would love to hear them.

Mine are:

Padron 40th anni
La Flor Small Batch 1 & 2 (I am sure 3 will be there when it comes out)
Diamond Crown's 90th.
Montecristo Havana E.L. 05
Partagas Havana E.l. 03

So, my favorite Whiskey of all time is actually not bourbon, but Highland Park Bi Centenial 25 yr.

I will play!!

Some of my favorites HTF

1. Time to smoke cigars!! ( now thats HTF )
2. Fuente Between the Lines
3. Padron 40th
4. Cohiba Maduro 5

Thanks brother!!

Oh I forgot about the between the lines....good one!

Hell yes, TIME TO SMOKE!

I am still waiting on my Cohiba Maduro's. The thought makes my mouth water though!

Thank you so very much for answering.

Fair question Grateful.

Like beauty I think "rare" it is in the eye of the beholder.

Take me for example. I am 31. I have been smokeing cigars for about 6 years. So I missed out on a lot of things that I was just not "smoking" for. So I can really only count the rare things I have smoked in my time smoking. Thus most of my selections can still be purchased. A more advanced smoker (aka FOG) would probably have some mroe interesting takes on it then me.

So I guess it would be awessome to hear your rare favorites.

To me, places, time and ages will make this thread a nice variation.

Mine would probably be:
1. 858 Sungrown
2. Don Carlos lancero
3. The old Padron Anniversaries with the single band

I will play!!

Some of my favorites HTF

1. Time to smoke cigars!! ( now thats HTF )
....no kidding. When it comes to tobacco products;

Anejo #48 / 49 - Probably my all time favorite Fuente. I have a couple of boxes that have three+ years on them. Just....wonderful. I've been able to land a couple of OR's and they go without saying..... :love:

40th's / 80th's - I don't consider these "rare" (they're not that hard to find) but they are a bit out of my reach for a daily. They've never let me down, though. Every 80th I've been lucky enough to smoke was absolutely wonderful..... :love:

My favorite smokes are the ones that I've had down resting for three or more years. That is what makes them "rare"...... I do have a few cabs that have been down for a couple that should be pretty spectacular in a year or two.... :love:

Cheers - B.B.S.

The best I've had is a Padron Millenium. I've only smoked one and have some more stashed away for later. I have some high dollar cigars but not too many "rare" ones. I guess one of the few rare ones that I'm actually scared to put flame to is an OR Anejo Shark.

I agree with the rare aged comment Blinded.

It is so interesting to me, because there is such a spread thus far in what we all find and consider rare.

None the less, evverything listed is in the "great smokes" department.

The best I've had is a Padron Millenium. I've only smoked one and have some more stashed away for later. I have some high dollar cigars but not too many "rare" ones. I guess one of the few rare ones that I'm actually scared to put flame to is an OR Anejo Shark.
Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. :cool:

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

Infinity makes a good point.

Enjoy what you have and love what you enjoy. You cannot keep a cigar forever.

That said, I really like to "collect" cigars. If there is something very expensive, like lets say a cuban limited that you might buy in Toranto. Well then, I will buy two. One to smoke, and one to have for a special occasion, or just to display. For me, and this is just me, alot of the fun is in obtaining the cigars and enjoying them in the collection. Like collecting coins maybe? I collect and smoke cigars.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian
....I do as well, but if three years makes a rare smoke an even more sublime treat, I'm willing to wait..... :cool:

No reason to dawdle, but no reason to hurry a fine smoke, either.

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.