lack of activity means nothing...
get a hydro sample tube, and trust your gravity reading.
Post up some info about your grain bill, yeast and process, and we might be able to figure out if there is anything that could be improved on.
That is how I learned, I just posted every detail I could, that let the info wash over me
I bought brewing kit from Midwest Supplies (nice deal on it) that came with ingredients kit:
6 lb. Dark liquid malt extract, 4 oz. Chocolate Malt, 4 oz. Caramel 10L, 4 oz. Roasted Barley, 4 oz. Flaked Barley specialty grain, 1 tsp. Gypsum, 1/2 oz. Nugget, 1 oz. Willamette pellet hops, yeast, priming sugar and a grain bag.
I steeped the grains at 155F for a half hour, then turned up to simmer/boil for 60 mts, adding the Nugget hops at the beginning, then the Willamette at 58 minute mark (man that stuff smelled gooda). Took it off the simmer/boil and cooled it down by adding a couple trays of ice (instructions said I could do this) and then let it sit in cold water until the temp was down. Poured the wort into the primary and topped off to just a tad bit over 5 gallons with cold filtered tap water, which brought the temp down to right at 80F. Put warm tap water in measuring cup and added yeast, stirred it immediately (instructions said to let it sit first for about 15 mts, but didn't so that may have done some damage there...duh). Poured the yeast in and closed 'er up. Airlock started jumping shortly after and kept bobbing for the next 24 hrs, but then stopped dead cold. I opened it up after several days, stirred it up carefully, closed it back up, and put the bucket in the sink w/hot water to see if warming it up would get it going again. Air lock moved every so slightly for only a short bit and then stopped. Took the bucket and sit it in a dark corner where it's been since. The hydrometer that came with the kit was broken, so received a replacement free of charge a couple days later, and as mentioned I dropped it in the brew where it basically sank to the bottom, only the tip sticking out. My plan is to siphon the beer into the bottling bucket with priming sugar already in it (has speaket at bottom) through a screen to hopefully catch sediment, and then bottle. Have 48 used beer bottles I plan to let sit in boiling water, dry, and use for bottling.
That's about it so far.