Martin2D

Clueless About Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

Cael wanted to help me clean them up.

Posted Image

Jeez, they grow 'em bigger out in Montana. This really makes me feel old.

#42 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

Cael wanted to help me clean them up.

http://i154.photobuc...pmonster002.jpg

Jeez, they grow 'em bigger out in Montana. This really makes me feel old.

He's not even 2 yet. Just a big boy.

#43 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

I need to change the title to "what's Justin brewing" apparently. Right now I'm mashing a Russian River Redemption clone with a recipe that came straight from Vinnie. Also ordered parts to convert the beer fridge into a kegerator today!

#44 thevalkrye

thevalkrye

uhh huh huh huh...member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

All-grain Hobgoblin Ale clone. I hope it turns out nice! This beer is great with cigars!

#45 MAS_Puros

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I need to change the title to "what's Justin brewing" apparently. Right now I'm mashing a Russian River Redemption clone with a recipe that came straight from Vinnie. Also ordered parts to convert the beer fridge into a kegerator today!

There is a new rule if you change the topic name, you'll have to share a beer from your homebrew with everyone that posts in it :whistling: :rolleyes: :laugh:

#46 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

There is a new rule if you change the topic name, you'll have to share a beer from your homebrew with everyone that posts in it :whistling: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Did I send you a bottle of my Rye PA?

#47 MAS_Puros

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

NO :(

Save me a bottle, cause I have a box at home all packed with your name on it. Just waiting till you give me the word.

#48 tomthirtysix

tomthirtysix

Wishing I was as cool as Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

I have a batch of apfelwine bottled up that should be ready to go in a week and a half, two weeks.

When I bottled that, I started another batch, using all cranberry juice, so we'll see how that turns out.

And sometime in the next couple weeks, I plan on trying my first beer. Looking at easy kits now.

#49 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Just pulled a sample of my Blueberry Sour and it's down to 1.002. Still needs a lot more souring and there is no brett presence yet.

#50 Martin2D

Martin2D

Clueless About Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

About to brew my first batch on Thursday: American Pale Wheat Ale AG

#51 Carps

Carps

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

NO :(

Save me a bottle, cause I have a box at home all packed with your name on it. Just waiting till you give me the word.

Mike it is a solid rye! If it sucked I would have said so :laugh:

#52 MX

MX

T (roll)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

Well I got my APA in the bucket on the 16th, ended up with a stuck ferm.....damn 020 blues.
It has enuff hops to cover the sweetness, I think. I am going to transfer it to the secondary tomorrow, maybe add some dry hops to help again with the extra sugar left in it.

I was really looking forward to this brew, and the fact that it stalled has me really bummed. It is the first brew for this year and not a good way to get started.

A few weeks in the secondary (maybe the transfer will restart the yeast) then into the Tap-a-Draft bottles for conditioning.

About to place my order for the rest of my grains for my Chocolate/Coffee Porter. I hope it works out better.

Tim

#53 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Well I got my APA in the bucket on the 16th, ended up with a stuck ferm.....damn 020 blues.
It has enuff hops to cover the sweetness, I think. I am going to transfer it to the secondary tomorrow, maybe add some dry hops to help again with the extra sugar left in it.

I was really looking forward to this brew, and the fact that it stalled has me really bummed. It is the first brew for this year and not a good way to get started.

A few weeks in the secondary (maybe the transfer will restart the yeast) then into the Tap-a-Draft bottles for conditioning.

About to place my order for the rest of my grains for my Chocolate/Coffee Porter. I hope it works out better.

Tim

Have you tried swirling it a little Tim? That got my porter going again that was stuck. I've also heard people recommend sucking some yeast up too when racking to secondary to rouse the yeasties.

#54 Smokin'Sims

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

I'm about to get back into this. Ordered a Stout Kit and plan to brew it on the week-end. I'm teaching some friends about brewing and a stout is the easiest thing to not screw up, or so I've been told. After I get a few more brews under my belt it will be time to work on some custom recipes.

#55 MX

MX

T (roll)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Tim

Have you tried swirling it a little Tim? That got my porter going again that was stuck. I've also heard people recommend sucking some yeast up too when racking to secondary to rouse the yeasties.

Yeah, I tried to rouse the yeast twice...no dice
I am going to try and get her started agai when I transfer, I hope today....if not it will be Sat.

Tim

#56 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Just got done bottling a batch of Apfelwein and am sampling my oaked porter. Starting to carb a little but still needs some time.

#57 Niko

Niko

Little Elm Brewing Co.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Brewing a 2 1/2 gallon batch of Apfelwein, Irish Stout 2 1/2 Gal. batch, and a 5 Gal. American Lager.

#58 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

I think I'm going to try to do a Berliner Weiss tonight with true wild yeast. I think I'll put a gallon of the wort pre-boil into a glass jug and throw some grain in there and let it get inoculated and then add it to the rest after it's done fermenting.

Edited by smellysell, 04 June 2009 - 12:51 PM.

#59 Martin2D

Martin2D

Clueless About Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Finally jumped into this...my first batch is fermenting upstairs!

Gumballhead Clone AG

#60 smellysell

smellysell

Go Vols!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Finally jumped into this...my first batch is fermenting upstairs!

Gumballhead Clone AG

Congrats Mathew! How'd everything go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users