• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pittsburgh Pirates

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Anyone willing to put 5 nice looking sticks ($8.00+) on the line, that the Pirates will get above/at .500 for the first time in 15 years?

I will take they will get exactly .500 this year. Any takers?

Some of you prob. Feeling like this is easy money. :laugh: well for the first time in about 6 seasons, lets just say I got a feeling. :thumbs:

David

So I get Pgh under .500 right? If so, you are on. As much as I love the Bucco's, they still suck.

Yes you are correct, you get under .500. Ironic that I make this bet with a person from Pittsburgh. But, I got a feeling, I do not know what it is, but I see this as a huge stepping stone year for them. Lets hope I am right either way. :thumbs:

This is one bet I would not mind paying. I like your optimism, but not much has changed from last year.

If you win, and I forget, please remind me.

Damn, cookie beat me to the punch! :laugh:

I suppose though that the Pirates do have a remote chance at cracking .500 this year because the rest of the division isn't anything great this year. :laugh:

Anyone see how the Astros finished up in spring training? :rolleyes: Hell, I'm ready to bet the Pirates will finish ahead of the 'stros this year.

Based on the game yesterday, I may be in trouble. It was very impressive how the bucco's came back in the top of the 9th in St. Louis.

Maybe, just maybe, this is going to be the year everything clicks. Nah - My addy is in my profile. :laugh:

Zach Duke is making me look good thus far... If you want you can send the sticks my way now. :laugh:

Well, so far the Astros are doing all they can to help the Pirates finish above .500 :rolleyes:

Sweets must have a lot of overflow in his humidor :laugh:

Well - If they can play Houston all year they may have a chance. I still like my chances, but am rooting for you.

Well the Pirates just traded their best player ( Nate McLouth) to ATL for 3 guys named Joe Bag of Donuts. The Pirate management is trying to sell it as something they just could not pass up. What a bunch of BS. This team continues to disappoint their fans. I am amazed that people continue to go and pay to see them.

Oh well - just another losing year.

Well the Pirates just traded their best player ( Nate McLouth) to ATL for 3 guys named Joe Bag of Donuts. The Pirate management is trying to sell it as something they just could not pass up. What a bunch of BS. This team continues to disappoint their fans. I am amazed that people continue to go and pay to see them.

Oh well - just another losing year.

That is silly thinking that, Nate McLouth was not our best player this year at all. (last year yes he was). Dealing him gives room for Andrew McCutchen who is regarded as one of the upcoming CF in the minors. (went 2 for 4 today with 3 runs scored). Also helps free up some money as well 15 million. Plus, With Scanchez healthy and hopefully Wilson will come back soon. I still bet my Cigars on the Pirates going above .500 this year. Just swept the Mets with 3 games out of .500 if their pitching keeps it up baring any major injuries, .500 is very feasible.

David

You're saying Pittsburgh will go 81-81? Granted, it's only 14 more wins then last year, but I don't see it happening.

You're saying Pittsburgh will go 81-81? Granted, it's only 14 more wins then last year, but I don't see it happening.

Hell it would be the first time in 16 years bro. Getting to .500 is a step in the right direction if we can get there.

David

17 and counting ........ Story from the Pgh Post Gazette

Pirates clinch record 17th consecutive losing season
Monday, September 07, 2009
By Dejan Kovacevic, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Pirates starter Daniel McCutchen was tagged with the loss. He gave up 9 hits and 4 runs in 7 innings.

With the final out today at PNC Park -- a Lastings Milledge flyout that ended a 4-2 flattening by the Chicago Cubs -- the once-proud Pittsburgh Baseball Club recorded the annually anticipated 82nd loss and clinched a 17th consecutive losing season, the longest such streak in the history of North America's four major professional sports. There had been a tie at 16 with the 1933-48 Philadelphia Phillies.

Addy in profile. Let me know if you want to get even with any football bets. I feel like I had an unfair advantage on this bet.

17 and counting ........ Story from the Pgh Post Gazette

Pirates clinch record 17th consecutive losing season
Monday, September 07, 2009
By Dejan Kovacevic, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Pirates starter Daniel McCutchen was tagged with the loss. He gave up 9 hits and 4 runs in 7 innings.

With the final out today at PNC Park -- a Lastings Milledge flyout that ended a 4-2 flattening by the Chicago Cubs -- the once-proud Pittsburgh Baseball Club recorded the annually anticipated 82nd loss and clinched a 17th consecutive losing season, the longest such streak in the history of North America's four major professional sports. There had been a tie at 16 with the 1933-48 Philadelphia Phillies.

Addy in profile. Let me know if you want to get even with any football bets. I feel like I had an unfair advantage on this bet.

It will be out this week. To bad we both love the same football team, I never bet against the Steelers. :laugh:

David