• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taboada Dom Perignon 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Digging deep in the coolador finding cigars to send Joe (winner of the Guess My Smokes III), I happened on the Taboada Dom Perignon Charley had gifted me quite some time ago. It called to me, teasing me with its smooth, golden wrapper and glistening oils, taunting me to put glorious fire to it. So be it!

It’s cloudy out this morning. The air is cool with the temperature in the mid sixties; a soft breeze is blowing with the sounds of Spring/Summer all around; birds singing, bugs buzzing, a perfectly wonderful morning. I settle in to one of the comfy chairs with laptop, coffee, and camera at the ready.

The last Taboada I smoked, a Belicoso, wasn’t as good as I had hoped, so am going into this one with not so high expectations. It’s a beautifully crafted cigar, the veins running the length perfectly and look more like someone had drawn them on the wrapper, as they were perfectly smooth. There’s a slight sponginess when I squeeze the cigar between my fingers, the weight feeling perfect in the hand. Using the largest ring on my punch knife, I find the draw to have a perfect resistance with taste of good, raw tobacco.

I torch the foot, the wrapper covering it going up in flame quickly. Taking a few quick puffs to get the fire going, I find a salty sweetness on the lips that is exceptionally good. With the foot burning perfectly, I take a slow, long draw that reveals a cinnamon spice on the back of the tongue and throat that is spot on. The mild to medium bodied smoke is incredibly smooth and creamy over the tongue with exquisitely rich flavors of vanilla bean, raw honey, and sweet hay. Exhaling slowly through the nose and mouth, I find the finish to be delicious and lasting on the palate.

The draw, as previously mentioned, has a perfect resistance with the burn sharp and a medium to light gray ash forming that is somewhat loose and flaky. Flavors continue to be extremely rich and getting more and more complex the further in I get with the smoke right at medium in body. There’s a finish that’s left on the palate long after exhaling that is delicious.

At the halfway mark, this exceptional cigar starting to really evolve with flavors becoming incredibly complex and the smoke changing to almost full-bodied. Along with the flavors previously described, I’m not getting a very earthy taste as well. The finish is absolutely fantastic, simply superb.

Now this is what I imagined a Taboada to be like. Perfect draw and burn, exceptionally rich and complex flavors with a delicious finish that lasted long after exhaling. I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed every inch of this cigar and want to truly thank Charley for sending to me. Loved it!!

05-23-09TaboadaDP001.jpg

DSC04985.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP002.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP003.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP004.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP005.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP006.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP007.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP008.jpg

05-23-09TaboadaDP009.jpg