• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taboada Custom 54 X 5 1/4 2006

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life
I received this beautiful specimen of a cigar in a trade with a very special BOTL here at CP. I have been hesitant to smoke this cigar because I knew how strong it would be and I was dead on. This was by far the strongest cigar I had ever smoked. It ended up making my head spin a bit. After a home cooked stir fried chicken dinner I decided on this Taboada. The cigar was dark and oily. It had a ring gauge of 54 which is larger than I usually prefer. The taste was wonderful but at times a bit overwhelming. I think it could have benefited from some more age but was extremely enjoyable. The cigar was fairly complex changing many time throughout. The cigar was most enjoyable in the last third delivering tons of woody spice. I feel very fortunate to have smoked this bad boy on such a fine weekend!

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

Robbie,

Glad you enjoyed this. I have enjoyed most of the ones I have smoked based on the fact they where rolled by Taboada.

Jim

Very nice Robbie! The 2006 I smoked the other day was excellent as well. That's a nice hot pink, just getcha nails done? :laugh: Great review!

yep. very nice review. i (almost) don't want to recall my first taboada. of course the roll was out-of-this-world. the taste was incredible. but the strength really beat me up. good think atuck was there to peal me off the floor. so is it time to light up the taboada's again? perhaps i'll wait a few more years. :(

thanks again for the review (and the trip down memory lane). :D

Pink fingernails. I don't even have a comment. Great review btw.

Very nice Robbie! The 2006 I smoked the other day was excellent as well. That's a nice hot pink, just getcha nails done? :laugh: Great review!

Exactly what I was thinking, LOL! :sign:

yep. very nice review. i (almost) don't want to recall my first taboada. of course the roll was out-of-this-world. the taste was incredible. but the strength really beat me up. good think atuck was there to peal me off the floor. so is it time to light up the taboada's again? perhaps i'll wait a few more years. :(

Chris I remember you busted my opus cherry with a fine selection of stick. I got so excited and did not have much food in the belly. My head was spinning from that. Sadly I am now a whore. :blush:

Taboada's can be very good when on. His arthritis is pretty bad these days, so get them while you can. Good review, Robbie.

Chris I remember you busted my opus cherry with a fine selection of stick. I got so excited and did not have much food in the belly. My head was spinning from that. Sadly I am now a whore. :blush:

Ah, Don, Don, Don. We all have our stories about how we made it to the streets. Stick with the Opus. Trust me. You don't want to start a Taboada habit. You'll really hit bottom with them things. :rolleyes:

Ah, Don, Don, Don. We all have our stories about how we made it to the streets. Stick with the Opus. Trust me. You don't want to start a Taboada habit. You'll really hit bottom with them things. :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

I think I am going to have to pull one of these out tonight. Last one I had was over a year ago. It was wonderful as I recall. I will probably reach for one of my '05's since I have the most from that year.