• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

THE EGG Maduro by Drew Estate

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Whilst hanging out in CP Steam game chat with my buddy Jimmy (JimmyHaze), he mentioned something about THE EGG, of which I had no idea what he was referring to. Shortly thereafter, he inserted a link, and I found myself looking at an actual cigar called THE EGG. At first, I didn’t pay it much attention, just that it was unusual, and then Jimmy being Jimmy, started asking if I would smoke one of these, of which I replied, “Yes, I’d smoke anything once.” Well guess what arrives at my house a few days later. Yep, THE EGG made by none other than Drew Estate.

So today <gulp>, I will be attempting to smoke THE EGG by Drew Estate! :laugh: :blush: The coffin this cigar came in is actually pretty cool with a flip top lid, and the cigar nestled nicely in a pile of what I assume is tobacco. Upon opening it up, I take a quick whiff and….okay….maybe I won’t smoke it. :laugh: Strong smell of old mustiness, which sometimes may not be bad in an old cigar, however it’s not the cigar but the tobacco it’s sitting in. Whew it smells really bad.

I remove the cigar from the bad smelling tobacco and give it a look over. There’s no give at all when squeezed except right at the foot, which looks like the tobacco is slightly loose there. Man this thing is fat in the middle, like it just swallowed something huge, and I’m afraid to think what! The wrapper is a very dark maduro, has tons of oils, and is a bit coarse from tooth with small veins throughout. I punch the small, closed end and am actually hesitant to put this thing on my lips, but I do and find the draw to have a perfect resistance with you guessed it, a very musty taste coming through. I also taste what seems to be something like…cloves?? Oh boy.

Deep breath, toasting time! I put fire to the foot which is lit in no time, and then take a couple puffs to “test the water”. The smoke is sweet and has a smidgen of spiciness to it, yet there’s also another flavor that reminds me of that smell when you first walk into a Spencers…that of maybe sandlewood incense? Mmmkay. I’m having a very hard time getting smoke out and have to really puff to keep the cigar going well. Not having fun right at the beginning so far. One thing that’s neat is I can sit it down on the table, no need for an ashtray! :D

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an ash as white as the one that’s forming on this cigar. Usually a cigar ash is dark with white specks of tooth. This one is white with dark specks of tooth. Mmmkay. I am still not getting any smoke to come through unless I puff fairly hard several times, which of course makes the smoke hot and bitter. However, smoke really rolls for several seconds once it gets going. There’s a rather unpleasant finish left after exhaling, at least to my palate.

The small amount of smoke coming out even with a great deal of puffing is not good, again tasting something close to incense burning. I actually take the cigar a good third in and the ash falls off revealing a very large hole right down the center. The ash itself looks like that mossy stuff you see growing on rocks, however brownish grayish black. After seeing the hole, the ash that doesn’t look quite right, and the taste on my tongue just not very good at all, I decide I’m going to give it up.

I sit this thing in the ashtray, go inside, and grab a DP Cuban Classic to fire up. Now, DP Cuban Classics are very good smokes IMO, however this one tastes like heaven after smoking THE EGG. :laugh: :blush: Jimmy, thanks for the experience brother! But uh, next time…it’s your damn turn!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DSC08533.jpg

DSC08535.jpg

DSC08538.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro001.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro002.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro003.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro004.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro005.jpg

07-18-09THEEGGMaduro006.jpg

DSC08620.jpg

Well..... Alot is running through my mind but i dont know where to start. Either way,Greg your the man.

Hahaha awesome review brother. I love that picture of you turning into the Hulk. Still can't believe you smoked it though. Wait, no... There is no "next time it's my turn" business. But thanks for the funny review you rock!!

aww. Man Greg you out done your self again. Awesome experience :laugh: , at least you know what its like to be green.

Greg, I thought of something witty to say here in regards to this review, but I think you endured punishment enough smoking that thing...I've seen them at a B&M out here, and it just looked terrible! You are the man...

So, when are you going to smoke an Opus X Football? :D

Greg, I thought of something witty to say here in regards to this review, but I think you endured punishment enough smoking that thing...I've seen them at a B&M out here, and it just looked terrible! You are the man...

I've a very strong feeling that I'll probaby only see an Opus X Football in pictures. :laugh:

I've a very strong feeling that I'll probaby only see an Opus X Football in pictures. :laugh:

Well, if I had one, I'd send it to ya! I know I would never have the nerve to smoke one! You, on the other hand, are just crazy enough to do it... :D

Greg you are a real good sport to do what you did. You are truly my hero.

LOL! Greg, that review really made my day! Thank you for being brave enough to light one up! Didn't you see the description of it being "stony" in the middle!
I've seen a lot of stoned people before, but usually their eyes look a lot smaller! :laugh:

'Course I can't even handle regular Opus's so a Opus X football would send me to the floor. Haha.

Bahh, you're juat a SNOB Greg, what with all our 30 year old cubans and whatnot. :rolleyes:

You'll live.

This is the first "unusual" cigar I ever saw and almost bought it. Would have smoked it too!

The difference is that the Opus X Footballs actually taste pretty good.

The description on the coffin shoul have raised a red flag there Greg.
laugh.gif

pun⋅gent

adjective

1.sharply affecting the organs of taste or smell, as if by a penetrating power; biting; acrid.
2.acutely distressing to the feelings or mind; poignant.
3.caustic, biting, or sharply expressive: pungent remarks.
4.mentally stimulating or appealing: pungent wit.
5.Biology. piercing or sharp-pointed.

You want to try the Drew Estate attempt at a Culebra. My B + M has the Medusa. It is sitting right next to the Egg and can stay there LOL!!!