• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP's "Cigar 101" Newbie Pass 5

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Classroom_picture.jpg

CP’s Cigars 101-5 Pass

Hello and welcome to CP's Cigars 101-5 Newbie Pass! I'm looking to fill the class up preferably with newbies that have not had a chance to join in a pass as yet, however if there are some that would like a refresher course, by all means join in as well. So for any newbies out there that would like to join, please raise your hand! I've posted the syllabus and will post the cigar list and other information as we get further in. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now, let's see those hands!!

SYLLABUS:

1) I will list the cigars in order on the Board. The first person in the list who is to receive the package will go ahead and write on the board (before or during shipment of package) what cigars they will Take (T) from the package and what cigars they will Put (P) back in. I will decide if the T/P is acceptable or unacceptable and confirm on the Board. Your "puts" should be equal in value/rarity with your "takes" (three $3 cigars does not equal one $9 cigar). Once approved, you should cross off your "takes" with a single line on the inventory sheet, and number your "puts" with the next # open. Individual baggies, permanent markers, and pens will be included in the pass (please make sure to put them back when done). For this pass, remove the cigar being taken and use the same baggie for your put, just mark out the original number and put the new number on it starting from the last number on the list (please allow the ink several seconds to dry as to not smear). Bag the cigar and include them in the pass. Please do not remove cigars from the baggies.
2) The package can be sent via USPS with a Delivery Confirmation (DC) number, UPS, or DHL. Each DC or tracking number will be written on the board once the package has shipped. If at all possible, sign up at USPS for CLICK-N-SHIP. Very simple and fast way to print your own shipping label, no muss no fuss at the Post Office, just drop it off (gees, I sound like an advertisement for USPS).
3) You MUST write on the board once you’ve received the package and immediately contact via PM, Board, and phone (optional) the next person in the list to ensure they are ready to receive.
4) If you are the next person to receive in the pass, it would be a good idea to go ahead and let everyone know you are there and ready. If you know that it is your turn next and will not be available to accept the pass, please alert everyone so the pass can be re-routed as necessary. Please make sure to watch the board to ensure you know when your turn is coming up. Communication is KEY!
5) If no confirmation is received from the next person on the list in 36 hours, then the package will be sent to the next person on the list that does respond they are ready.
6) Please double-check the contents of the package to ensure everything is in order and good condition. If anything needs to be done such as increasing humidity or re-packaging/replacing the box, please make sure to do so.
7) Please be prompt. Once the package is received, make the T/P’s as quickly as possible and get the package out to the next person. T/P’s should already be decided before the package arrives, so shouldn’t take much time. However, there will always be exceptions.

*Here is a link to help with pricing: Comparison Shopper.
**To determine pricing; find the cigar in the list, add all store's prices in the row, divide the total by the number of stores, divide by number of sticks on sale (use full box if available). This should give you the best price for each stick. Please note we will go by the average of what a cigar is going for at the time of the T/P, not what it was paid for at time of purchase.

Download

Cigars101-5Map.jpg

Cigars101-5PassList.jpg

CigarList001.jpg

CigarList002.jpg

CigarList003.jpg

CigarList004.jpg

CigarList005-1.jpg

CigarList006-1.jpg

Gregg, good luck on this newbie pass! I know most would figure me to jump right in line, but in retrospect I don't feel as if my inventory has enough of my own - paid for - cigars.

Hopefully I'll feel comfortable enough in my stash for next go-round.

Gregg, good luck on this newbie pass! I know most would figure me to jump right in line, but in retrospect I don't feel as if my inventory has enough of my own - paid for - cigars.

Hopefully I'll feel comfortable enough in my stash for next go-round.

Ah come on and sign up for the class...it won't be too bad. ;)

Everyone - please go ahead and send my your information so I can get started putting it all together.

Thanks!

I'd like to get in on this if possible. Thanks Greg for putting this together!

Uh... excuse me professor, may I join the class... I mean pass?

I suppose i'll throw my hand in the air.... I can always use some more learnin'

Alright then, some coaxing from a buddy here has convinced me. I'll get my tuition and books ready if I'm eligible.

Alrighty! Everyone that hasn't sent me an address, please do so. I may already have it, however I want to make double sure I have the correct one.

Still got seats open!

Since there's a west coaster, can you extend this pass a little further and allow me to participate? I promise not to drop it in the ocean.

PM with addy sent.