• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol Belicoso

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Christmas Eve is finally here, going to be a busy day I think. Wife is already up and stressing, which is something she lives for I think. She has a wooden sign next to the coffee pot that reads, “Good Morning! Let The Stress Begin!” I’ve told her that’s probably not the best thing to read first thing in the morning. :D

After digging around one of the humis for a smoke, I spy one of the newly released San Cristobal Seleccion Del Sol and decide I’d give it a try. Stepping out the back door, it’s actually very nice out with the temperature gauge reading 42F. A very brisk wind is blowing; however the sun is feeling rather warm on the back porch. Looking at the cigar, the sun grown Nicaraguan wrapper is a medium to light brown in color, has noticeable veins, and oils that glisten in the morning sun. There’s a good weight in the hand and with the tapered head clipped, I find a perfect draw with a straightforward tobacco taste coming through.

The Z-Plus in my Zippo is finally starting to go bad, takes several clicks to finally light and then takes its time shutting off. It’s been a good one though, lasting almost two years now, and I can tell ya it has lit a LOT of cigars. It only takes one torching to light the foot, blowing the embers shows an even, orange glow all over, so I take several puffs at intervals until a good layer of ash has formed, then a long draw.

I can already tell this is much different than the maduro San Cristobal as the smoke is mild with very little spice detectable. There's a tiny bit of tingling in the nose, but none on the tongue and throat. The body seems light and very smooth, almost creamy to my palate with very nice flavors. I taste toasted nuts, vanilla, wood, and what seems to be a hint of citrus. There’s a decent finish that is lasting, however a little too mild I think.

Heading through the first third and into halfway, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming. I tap it off at about an inch and there’s no coning at all. Smoke is flowing well through the perfect draw, still quite mild with no spice to tell of. I will say though, the flavors are really good with a sweetness that leaves a delicious taste on the palate, pairing well with my coffee.

In the final third, the strength and spice seemed to kick up a notch becoming almost a medium with the flavors picking up as well. The burn remained sharp to the end with a strong ash forming and no coning once tapped off. This was actually a really good smoke other than being too mild for my palate, definitely a perfect cigar for the morning.

12-24-09SanCristobalDelSol001.jpg

12-24-09SanCristobalDelSol002.jpg

Glad you fared better with yours, bud. I think that the original blend is a treat. I have a lancero I'm thinking of torching this weekend. :)

You smoke a sungrown for breakfast? Actually, nevermind, I remember you can light Boli's to start your day
laugh.gif

Glad you got a good burn on your cigar as I had problems on mine. But.... I shall check them out this week to see if they started melding better. Great review Greg!