• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie Du Connoisseur No. 1 2008

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s back to the office tomorrow, today being the last day of Christmas vacation. At least it’ll only be a four day week as I get Friday off for New Years, but still going to be extremely busy due to year end. Was hoping for a pretty day, and so far it’s not too bad with the sun peeking in and out, however it is pretty darn cold with temps in the mid 30’s. Cold or not, I was in the mood for a good Cuban smoke, so picked out a Connie No. 1 from 2008, bundled up, and headed to the back porch.

This is gorgeous cigar with medium brown-reddish wrapper full of oils, one prominent vein running the length, and a nice triple cap on top. It has a solid weight in the hand, very firm when squeezed, and good bunching in the foot. I was actually a little worried it would have a tight draw or even plugged due to the length, however not the case as it has a perfect resistance with sweet taste of tobacco in the cold draw. I just hope the high humidity (81%) doesn’t cause problems when smoking.

Partagas has to be up there with my top five favorite Cuban smokes, and after putting fire to this one, I’m reminded why. My first draw brings a perfect white pepper spice on the back of the tongue and throat with the smoke itself a medium in strength with the body thick and creamy over the palate. Flavors are rich from the start with vanilla, citrus, and a light wood coming through leaving a lasting finish that is simply delicious.

The burn is sharp through the first third with a medium gray ash forming that falls easily on its own. It actually goes out on me after about an inch in, and I have to do a re-light. With fire going well again, medium strength smoke is flowing just right through the perfect draw with an oiliness left on the palate after exhaling. Flavors are incredibly rich and rather complex, a perfectly balanced smoke that I’m thoroughly enjoying in every draw. I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, the finish silky smooth and oh so lasting.

Halfway through and into the final third, this cigar performed flawlessly with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors that were seemingly complex, and a long finish left on the palate. This was a downright fantastic cigar from beginning to end, an excellent start for what hopefully turns out to be a gorgeous day.

12-27-09PartagasConn1001.jpg

12-27-09PartagasConn1002.jpg

12-27-09PartagasConn1003.jpg

Great review, Greg. It's sad the Connies are on the HSA chopping block.