• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Seventy…three…degrees! Some crazy stuff in the middle of January, but hey, no complaints here! I’m currently sitting outside in shorts and a t-shirt with lap top and a Camacho Triple Maduro, thoroughly enjoying the day. Of course, it’s mostly cloudy with rain coming and going with low, deep rumblings of thunder.

I received this cigar from Brian (Jonesy) a long while back in what I believe was one of our first blind trades. Way back then, I was pretty much skeered of this thing as my palate just wasn’t where it needed to be, however today is the day! The wrapper is very dark, almost black in color and quite coarse, feeling rough to the touch. There’s slight oil in it, one very unnoticeable vein on the back of the cigar, and very firm when squeezed with no soft spots found. I punch the cap, which is very tough, and find the draw with a perfect resistance and straightforward tobacco taste.

With fire to the foot, an abundance of smoke pours from the forming embers. I take a few quick puffs and once the smoke is flowing, I take a somewhat long draw anticipating some power to come through. And it does. The smoke is full strength to begin with, but not as much pepper spice as I had expected. It’s actually quite smooth over the palate with a strong, sweet tobacco flavor. I detect hints of very dark cocoa and what I believe to be black licorice.

Further in, the burn is sharp with a strong gray ash forming that has both light and dark colors mixed. The smoke continues to be full strength with good pepper spice on the tongue and throat with delicious, somewhat rich flavors coming through. There’s a semi-lasting finish on the palate leaving a really strong, black coffee taste.

Halfway in, and I sit the cigar down in the ashtray a little too hard and the ash falls. The burn continues to be sharp with the full strength smoke flowing effortlessly, and this continues on into the final third where the cigar hits its sweet spot as there is a richness that develops leaving an incredibly delicious, lasting finish with more of a dark espresso taste.

There’s no doubt this was definitely a strong cigar with dark and menacing looking triple maduro wrapper, however I made it through alive, although a bit woozy towards the end. With sharp burn, perfect draw, and delicious flavor that became increasingly rich in the final third, this was definitely a thoroughly enjoyable smoke.

01-17-2010CamachoTripleMad001.jpg

01-17-2010CamachoTripleMad002.jpg

01-17-2010CamachoTripleMad003.jpg

Nice review, Greg! These are my girlfriend's favorite right next to the CAO Mx2. I think she's nuts, seeing as these do have some power behind them! :laugh:

Nice review! I had one of these last night and I agree, powerful but very nice smoke!

I'm gonna have to man-up and try one of these things. Great review, thanks Greg!

Thanks for the review. I just came across the new packaging of their line and wanted to try one of these. Does anyone know if they changed the cigar or just the band and marketing?

Bu11dog said:
Thanks for the review. I just came across the new packaging of their line and wanted to try one of these. Does anyone know if they changed the cigar or just the band and marketing?
Yes.....

jfields said:

Yes.....

That should teach me to ask questions a little more clearly. ;)

God you take great pictures, oh yeah, nice review. Gonna have to get some.