• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are the best full-bodied cubans?

misterrobusto

I'm interested in trying some more cuban cigars that are full bodied. Looking for suggestions. So far, I've only tried a few. The Bolivar Royal Coronas, I really like. I'm wondering about the Cohibas and other popular brands. I've smoked a Cohiba Esplendido, but found it much too mild for my taste. Any suggestions? I really like cigars with Ligero fillers.

PSD4,SL"A" :thumbs: :cool:

I have yet to find any cubans that have a full bodied flavor like the Nic. beasts and LFD smokes that I like. Post back if you do find something. :thumbs:

-John

I have yet to find any cubans that have a full bodied flavor like the Nic. beasts and LFD smokes that I like. Post back if you do find something. :thumbs:

-John

misterrobusto

this statement above is wisdom...if nicotine is what you want...all the really strong cigars are non-cuban(they have to compensate somehow).

if you are looking for full flavour...try something in the smallish sizes...corona or petit corona or tres petit corona.

try some of the above mentioned sizes by bolivar or partagas...for the fullest of flavours.

how unfortunate you are using a (probably young) esplendido as a benchmark...cohiba more than any other brand needs 5 or 6 years to become just good...and larger cuban smokes can be(for me) quite bland.

derrek

Bolivar Belicosos Finos
Montecristo No 2
Juan Lopez Selection No 2

They are great !

If you're looking for some serious beasts you should try

Partagas Salomones
CUABA SALOMONES

Although they have lots of construction and burning issues.

Perhaps you should consider the Bolivar Belicoso Fino, or perhaps the Partagas Serie P #2.

Cheers
Drew P

I wouldn't say one over another because taste is very subjective, but some stronger vitolas are the RyJ Cazadores, Boli Gold Medal, and Taboada Salamones :p

Boli Gold Medal is mild. Even Taboada's Salamones can be on the milerd side of medium. Cuetos are the same way.

I also find that Bolivar is a shadow of its former strength.

And the newer monte #2 have been prety strong..WHEN FRESH. There is def a difference between fresh and aged cubans. Remember that is you are buying a 6 year old box of cubans verus a Nic box that is 6 months old, hell even with the same ligero and seco blends, the newer one will normally taste stronger.

If you really want a delicious strong cuban, try to get some custom double ligero canones or corona gordas from Conde de Villanueve in Old Havana. Unreal.

I agree. I forgot to mention that in my previous post. the 08 and 09 Cazadores were full-bodied and fresh-rolled Taboadas straight off the table took me aback.

I assume by full body you really mean full strength. Reality is that there are none when compared to the full range of cigars.

That being said, RyJ Cazadore wins the prize among CCs. After that Ramon Allones, Bolivar, and Partagas are close seconds.

But none are even half of a strong Nic Puro.

I wouldn't say one over another because taste is very subjective, but some stronger vitolas are the RyJ Cazadores, Boli Gold Medal, and Taboada Salamones :p

Definitely not like a Nic but certainly stronger than I thought it would be...... and I smoke LFD Chisels, JDN Antanos and Opus on an empty stomach.

I would second the Romeo y Julieta Cazadores. When fresh you won't find any Cuban cigars stronger. Another strong Cuban cigar is a PCC Regional Edition. Try the Ramon Allones Celestial Finos. Both of these cigars when fresh (meaning a few months old) will put hair on your chest.

The only Cuban I ever smoked that really kicked my butt was a Morales custom roll. It was a huge cigar with pretty much all ligero filler. No other one has even come close.

Since you liked the Bolivar Royal Corona, I would also try the Bolivar Belicoso Fino,
and the Bolivar Corona Extra.

I'm interested in trying some more cuban cigars that are full bodied. Looking for suggestions. So far, I've only tried a few. The Bolivar Royal Coronas, I really like. I'm wondering about the Cohibas and other popular brands. I've smoked a Cohiba Esplendido, but found it much too mild for my taste. Any suggestions? I really like cigars with Ligero fillers.

Define 'full body'.