• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Costa Rica Cigar Store

costaricacigarstore

The Costa Rica Cigar Store is now open for business!!

We at The Costa Rica Cigar Store would like to announce that the cigars that have been denied to the US consumer can now be purchased and delivered with ease.

We carry Isthmus (Bahias de Costa Rica, award winning Mythos Solitude, Flor Real, Chieftain's (created as the pefect match to the Chieftain's Whisky), Maxum, and Suenos Oro.

Adrian's, Reserva Ecologica, Don Horacio del Monte, Vegas de Santiago, Tabacos de la Cordillera (Vogel, Fundacion Ancestral, Cumbres de Puriscal, Purisco, Colinas), Dignity, Don Ursulo and much more.

Many of these cigars are well received in Europe but have not entered the US market. Others are available but difficult to find.

We are the sole worldwide distributor of the Reserva Ecologica lines. This cigar was well received in Las Vegas and California but distribution issues required that Don'Juan stick with the Dignity line. We are proud to bring this cigar to the world.

Please visit our site at www.costaricacigarstore.com
We will be expanding our offerings over the coming months.

Our Sampler Packs have been created to allow you to try these rare cigars before committing to a box. The manufactures have agreed to allow us to create our own and we will happily consider all suggestions.

Pura Vida!!

It's always great to see new manufactures join CP. If it's possible, you may want to send out a few samples so we can review and let the others know what to expect...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Stogieman,

Send me an message with your addressd and I will send you a couple of sticks for an honest posted review.

I will make the same offer for the next two people who reply.

Pura Vida!!

Yeah I go to CR all the time. The Casa Habanos Store is never open!!

Send me a couple samples.

My place is in Zancudo near Golfito.

I just sent Mike a PM to see what's up with their end as the tracking number he furnished still has no record here in the US....... :cool:

I remember meeting John Vogel a couple of years ago. Very knowledgable and was doing some very interesting stuff. If I remember correctly, he gave me a Fundacion Ancestral and some others, which I've already forgotten about. If I remember correctly, the FA was mild, but very well constructed and tasty.

Uptown,

I believe John Vogel to know more about cigars than anyone else in Costa Rica. (Possibly 5 or 10 more people in the world may know more about cigars. I went up and met with some manufacturers in Nicaragua and Honduras as well and John strikes me as the most knowledgable. He has been in the cigar business since studying them in University in Nicaragua.)

As I spoke with the manufacturers located here, every one pointed to John Vogel as the one who knew the most. He has a teutonic attention to detail with spreadsheets listing every leaf on every plant, and he is a gracious host.

The Fundacion Ansestral comes in five lines. The most common is the Pinar del Rio 1941. Thats the one type I currently carry of these lines. He produces Cumbres de Puriscal, Colinas, Purisco and Vogel as well. These are all puros from his own plants.

Stogieman,

I received a PM from Kona. He has received his cigars. I wish to clarify that the packages my company sends out are direct from Costa Rica. This will take slightly longer then a US delivered package. I have sent these out 15 days ago. I have contacted The US Postal Sevice for a better explanation of the tracking numbers. Here is the response:

(Dear Mike Burke,
I understand you are experiencing issues in tracking packages online through our website.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, Mike. I will be happy to help you look into this matter further.
When I input your first label ID, RR028886885CR, I can see that this item arrived at the Post Office today and is scheduled for delivery. When I input your second number, RR028894516CR, we don't yet have further scans.
The numbers you've provided are registered mailing numbers. Registered Mail is a service that does not provide tracking, but will show you when an item is delivered or attempted to be delivered. Sometimes we will not gain further scans until that point.
When entering these numbers into our system, please be sure to use all letters and numbers to ensure that the more accurate information is available.
If you need to contact us again, please use the following link to do so:
http://www.usps.com/customerservice/redirects/email.htm?from=CustomerService&page=Center_EmailUs
Mike, if we can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service.
Regards,
Miranda
**Should you have any additional concerns, please use the link provided above to send them to the appropriate office.)

These numbers will not work until the package enters the US (or Canada or South Africa , etc) Postal systems. Customs and the Costa Rica Post Office can delay things. I am looking into an expidited Costa Rica service. It will cost more but I feel that after about a week and a half, customers get anxious.

I would be very surprised if you and Matthew do not receive your packages this week. I sent out Konas on October 28th and yours on the 29th.

Pura Vida!

Mike

Thanks for looking into this for us Mike and I'll keep an eye on the tracking number. As soon as the package arrives, I'll let you know...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Charlie

Still waiting on my stuff, but I'm a pretty patient guy so I'm not worried. It'll get here when it gets here I am sure. Thanks for the effort though, I appreciate it

I'll get to a reveiw this weekend (provided it's not snowing)

Thanks Mike.

Got them today!
I will post a review of the first one as soon as I can, hopefully within the coming week. I want to take my time, do it right.. Thanks again

Received my package as well yesterday, I'll give the babies a day or two to rest and then I'll do the first review. Thanks a lot for sending the sticks Mike, I'll be sure to do an honest review asap....... :cool: :thumbs: :)

Received my package as well yesterday, I'll give the babies a day or two to rest and then I'll do the first review. Thanks a lot for sending the sticks Mike, I'll be sure to do an honest review asap....... :cool: :thumbs: :)
Hey Charlie...start reviewin' bro! :laugh: