So far I have responses from:
The Black Cloud
Am I missing anyone?
Ok so I was thinking ... what better way to enjoy some of beers then to invite some BOTL's who love beer and/or want an introduction into some nice micro brews that range from local to not so local, regular releases to limited releases.
Looking at holding this on December 17th around 7:00pm. I don't have much room at my place so I will need to keep this kind of small, also more people means less to share . I will have my set up in the garage (so we can smoke some stoogies). I will provide water, cheese, crackers and chocolates. I also recommend coming on a full stomach since some of these beers are over 8%.
PM me if you think you will be attending so I can get a head count. I live in Montrose, CA which is 5 minutes north of Glendale.
PS - Here is the list of bottles I am considering, hopefully they held up over the years ... if we get a drain pour and we may, I will replace it with something else:
- AleSmith Old Numbskull 2009 Vintage (11% Barleywine)
- Troegs The Flying Mouflan (9.3% Barleywine)
- AleSmith Wee Heavy 2008 Vintage (9% Wee Heavey)
- Cigar City Big Sound Scotch Ale (8.5% Scotch Ale)
- Grand Teton Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Sheep Eater Scotch Ale (7.5% Scotch Ale)
- Boulevard Saison - Brett (8.5% Saison)
- De Proef Monstre Rouge 2010 (8.5% Flanders Red)
- Russian River Consecration 2009 Batch #03 (7.25% Wild Ale) *Barrel Aged
- FiftyFifty Imperial Eclipse Stout - Heaven Hill Rye (9.5% Imperial Stout) *Barrel Aged
- Firestone Walker Parabola (11% Oatmeal Stout) *Barrel Aged
- Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout 2008 (13% Imperial Stout)
- Sea Monster Imperial Stout 2009 (10% Imperial Stout)
- Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer 2007 (11% Belgian Strong Dark Ale)
- Captain Lawrence Smoke From The Oak (Rum Barrel Aged) Batch 1 (10% Porter) *Barrel Aged
- Ølfabrikken Porter 2008 (7.5% Porter)
- Cherry Oak Doppelbock - Brothers' Reserve Series #1 (9% Doppelbock)
**edited: to add location
Edited by MAS_Puros, 10 December 2010 - 01:54 PM.