• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

fake cubans online

parad1z

Hey there,

I know that most of us smokers get our cigars on-line and have been loyal to our retailers for some time now. But there are those of us that get curious and try out other retailers. Well i did and i giot burnt recently with boxes of fake partagas seried D No:4, Trinidad Robusto Extra and Monte No: 2. The retailer is SoloCigars and if what i just typed is not allowed in this forum then all i can say is that the retailer goes Solo. Apparently they have been doing this for a while and been getting away with murder. i ffel it is my duty to warn others before they too get burnt.

Do be careful and do you homework before making any purchase from them. I didn't do my due diligence and have paid dearly for it. I will be posting this in as many forums as I possibly can to make sure that nobody else suffer the same fate as me.

parad1z.

Hey there,

I know that most of us smokers get our cigars on-line and have been loyal to our retailers for some time now. But there are those of us that get curious and try out other retailers. Well i did and i giot burnt recently with boxes of fake partagas seried D No:4, Trinidad Robusto Extra and Monte No: 2. The retailer is SoloCigars and if what i just typed is not allowed in this forum then all i can say is that the retailer goes Solo. Apparently they have been doing this for a while and been getting away with murder. i ffel it is my duty to warn others before they too get burnt.

Do be careful and do you homework before making any purchase from them. I didn't do my due diligence and have paid dearly for it. I will be posting this in as many forums as I possibly can to make sure that nobody else suffer the same fate as me.

parad1z.

We do our homework around here and have known for quite some time (years actually) about Solo. If you had been a member at one of these sites, I'm pretty confident that you would have known about them before you made your purchase. Sorry you lost out to them, but you seem pretty adamant about getting the word out about them. If you had been a little more cautious and maybe joined a cigar forum other than to post a warning, you wouldn't be talking about buying fakes.

My Bad.... i guess I'm angry and would not want any other smoker to get burnt either. I've been a regular at another site but decided to venture out. Again, my fault for not checking up on them. I guess i'm not really a forum kinda guy. Maybe it's time to start since here in malaysia, there aren't that many smokers in know.

thanks

p.

Hey there,

parad1z.

We do our homework around here and have known for quite some time (years actually) about Solo. If you had been a member at one of these sites, I'm pretty confident that you would have known about them before you made your purchase. Sorry you lost out to them, but you seem pretty adamant about getting the word out about them. If you had been a little more cautious and maybe joined a cigar forum other than to post a warning, you wouldn't be talking about buying fakes.

It's not really getting away with murder. In murder the victim usually has no choice. In this instance you were a willing participant.

My Bad.... i guess I'm angry and would not want any other smoker to get burnt either. I've been a regular at but decided to venture out. Again, my fault for not checking up on them. I guess i'm not really a forum kinda guy. Maybe it's time to start since here in malaysia, there aren't that many smokers in know.

thanks

p.

Understood. A lot of people have been had by vendors selling fakes. You get lured in with the good prices and can't help yourself. In comes the wealth of knowledge from a good cigar community (forum). Like I said, sorry you got burned and thanks for trying to be helpful. Stick around, you may find you enjoy this place!

It's not really getting away with murder. In murder the victim usually has no choice. In this instance you were a willing participant.

This wasn't necessary. If you don't know the site sells fakes, what stops you from buying from them? The knowledge you garner from here does. If this is all you have to add to a thread with the potential to turn ugly, than as a newbie, you need not post in it.

This wasn't necessary. If you don't know the site sells fakes, what stops you from buying from them? The knowledge you garner from here does. If this is all you have to add to a thread with the potential to turn ugly, than as a newbie, you need not post in it.

Well I guess my post was about as constructive as yours then.

double indemnity is on my mind right now

Well I hope you get the issue resolved. I've been ripped off in other arenas before and I know it doesn't feel good. I guess the best thing to do is learn from your experience, cut your losses (which hopefully weren't much) and move on.

You should stick around this site though, it's pretty cool :cool:

Both of my posts were civil, to the point, and truthfull. Maybe with a little more time under your belt, your post would be ok. With less than one month on the board you haven't earned that leniency yet. So heed my previous advice.

Read this thread regarding SoloCigars.com : Link

Also, Solo is listed on the Scumbags List : Link

...and a basic Google search lists the Solo Cigars Scam Alert! thread prominently?

Stick around parad1z, we have a wealth of resources & experience to prevent these problems. Please be aware, we do have a policy restricting the open discussion of sources on the forum....

................but we make an exception for the scumbags at Solocigars.com ;)

Wrong thread for your input noobie. Be nice to Jonesy! ;)

thanks for this... appreciate the advice and i will stick around the forum.

p.

Read this thread regarding SoloCigars.com : Link

Also, Solo is listed on the Scumbags List : Link

...and a basic Google search lists the Solo Cigars Scam Alert! thread prominently?

Stick around parad1z, we have a wealth of resources & experience to prevent these problems. Please be aware, we do have a policy restricting the open discussion of sources on the forum....

................but we make an exception for the scumbags at Solocigars.com ;)

Wrong thread for your input noobie. Be nice to Jonesy! ;)

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=34

Introduce yourself here and pull up a chair. Then fire up a cigar and enjoy yourself. This is a great community with some tough love thrown in. But its worth sticking around. :thumbs:

I just needed to see that again!!!

<<<------------

Just in case MMM's message gets lost, we do not discuss sources. You would do well to edit your post to remove just the vendor name.

ETA mentioning Solo is fine, I'm referring to the other vendor.

Just in case MMM's message gets lost, we do not discuss sources. You would do well to edit your post to remove just the vendor name.

Breedy is correct. This post is perilously close to line. Also, it is not in the correct forum...but I digress.

This has been tossed around before guys. This is an international forum with international sponsors and he is an international member (from Malaysia), so while it is taboo for those uf us that aren't supposed to have sources to discuss them, there is nothing wrong with him bringing it up. If there were a problem with it, there wouldn't be the banners for certain vendors at the top for our international members.

Agree with Tom also. There was no place in this thread for your post wkoti.