• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Templeton Rye

Ketchtwenty2

CigarPass Class of '08 Valedictorian
My father is from southern Iowa. He turned me on to Templeton Rye a few years back. I was in Chicago last week and was able to try it again in a bar. We set up Templeton against (Ri)1 and Wild Turkey Russell's reserve. The Templeton blew them both away, IMO. If it wasn't so hard to find, I might forsake all others.

Went out of my way to get a bottle. Wasn't that terribly impressed. Too spoiled on good scotch I guess?

Your palate is far too refined...you uppity s.o.b. :angry:

Your palette is far too refined...you uppity s.o.b.
I know. Matt and Sneeds tell me this batch wasn't quite as good as in years pass. I've also got them corrupted on good scotch so I don't know. This isn't bad, it's just not what I was expecting.

Where is your dad from, Ketch? There may be hope for you yet? :D I've given up chasing Templeton. While I do enjoy it, it simply isn't worth the chase to me anymore. And the more I read about it, the less I am interested in supporting the "makers" of it.

Shenandoah. We still have a farm down there. I do not speak with the accent, however.

I did a review of it about two years ago here.