• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does this look right, or should I be concerned?

Pipe Smoker

My first box arrived today and I was a little concerned about the condition of the seal. I was hoping someone with a little more experience than me could look at the pictures and tell me if I should be concerned about the authenticity of the box. Its the first picture that concerns me the most. Looks like the seal was removed and reapplied.

5749108294_14f8b05f60.jpg

5749108258_86767ee444.jpg

5748560249_87013583d8.jpg

I beg to differ. I think those are very likely to be some fakes. I'll do you the favor and inspect a couple of them for you. Addy in profile.

They are fakes for sure, send them to me and I will get rid of them for you ( in a series of small fires of coarse ) :laugh:

Grey market vendors typically remove the barcode to protect their sources. Legitimate Habanos channels would be in a great deal of trouble if it was determined they were selling cigars to the grey market. But it happens.

Ok, so how long do I have to wait to smoke them? They call my name every time I walked past the cooler.

Ok, so how long do I have to wait to smoke them? They call my name every time I walked past the cooler.

doesn't hurt to try one and see if you like them fresh. I personally would let em sit for 4+ years before I opened it up. I don't really care for fresh Monte's outside of the no. 5's

If you have a legit source then you never have to worry about discrepancies with packaging. or how the cigars look. Cuban quality control sucks so there will always be weird looking boxes, labels and the like. Now if you do not trust your source then all bets are off and you do have to worry about every little thing like a label being off.

If you have a legit source then you never have to worry about discrepancies with packaging. or how the cigars look. Cuban quality control sucks so there will always be weird looking boxes, labels and the like. Now if you do not trust your source then all bets are off and you do have to worry about every little thing like a label being off.
AMEN! :thumbs:

But the question is how do you know your source is legit?

(That's obviously a rhetorical question...)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Usually thats trial and error unless you do some homework on cigar forums. PM some of the brothers here to see if anyone will talk. Some will and some wont. Hope that helps

Once you develop some relationships there are plenty of guys who will share sources. If you come here and you post looking for sources in your first month or 2 then most will be wary of you.

Once you develop some relationships there are plenty of guys who will share sources. If you come here and you post looking for sources in your first month or 2 then most will be wary of you.
That's exactly how it's done!

Once you're here long enough and the members read what you post and like what they read over a decent period of time, you can politely ask a member via PM for additional information. Since you've only been here a short time, it's unlikely that anyone would divulge their sources for such a thing.

Without a reliable source, it's futile to attempt such a buy.

Usually thats trial and error unless you do some homework on cigar forums. PM some of the brothers here to see if anyone will talk. Some will and some wont. Hope that helps

Those that "will" I'd be wary of. :whistling:

those that "won't" you want to get to know. :thumbs:

Being impatient I opted for the trial and error approach - which prompted this thread. I read enough to know not to go to the extent of asking anyone to verify or suggest a source, but two brothers have very generously contacted me and confirmed my source. For that, and all of the help I have gotten here, I am very grateful.