• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jay's "Seven Days" Pass

Nice to see all is moving well, I'm back at FOB Garry Owen for a spell I wil try and keep up to speed.

Nice work guys :thumbs:

Ok guys, Here are the game rules:
Game One:
Jay has a 3 number combination lock. Each number can be 0-9. Each pass participant gets 1 guess at a time. Jay will confirm the winner.

Game Two:
There's a box of envelopes in the pass box along with a box of playing cards. take an envelope and 1 card(no cheating!) the best hand at the end of the pass wins.

Game Three:
I'll take the numbers for every take you do and put them into a raffle at the end of the pass and draw for a winner.

Ok guys, Here are the game rules:
Game One:
Jay has a 3 number combination lock. Each number can be 0-9. Each pass participant gets 1 guess at a time. Jay will confirm the winner.

Game Two:
There's a box of envelopes in the pass box along with a box of playing cards. take an envelope and 1 card(no cheating!) the best hand at the end of the pass wins.

Game Three:
I'll take the numbers for every take you do and put them into a raffle at the end of the pass and draw for a winner.

Wow! That is fun!!! And very creative IMO. Thanks.

Are we guessing the lock combo here? If so, 7-4-2

Hope everyone is having a good day. I met up with Jake over lunch and got the skinny on my P/T's and some general pass pointers. Big thanks Jake :thumbs:

I received a response form Pugman (a few days ago) and I hope to ship the package out tomorrow if all goes well. If you could, please take a look at my exchanges and let me know if there are any issues.

T: (19) Padron Family Reserve 1964 45th
P: (54) '10 Arturo Fuente Opus Lost City Robusto

T: (29) Arturo Fuente ANEJO Shark
P: (55) Arturo Fuente Opus Reserva D' Chateau

T: (45) Tatuaje Black Jar first release
P: (56) Tatuaje The Face

T: (49) Don Pepin Garcia My Father Lancero
P: (57) Padron 1964 Exclusivo

Best Regards.

Edit for Numbers: 9-5-1

Edited again* Just wanted to let everyone know that I just opened the box and everything is in order as far as temp and humidity. The pass was in the office with me and was not exposed to TX's blistering heat. The measurements were 73F and 72RH in both containers.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I met up with Jake over lunch and got the skinny on my P/T's and some general pass pointers. Big thanks Jake :thumbs:

I received a response form Pugman (a few days ago) and I hope to ship the package out tomorrow if all goes well. If you could, please take a look at my exchanges and let me know if there are any issues.

T: (19) Padron Family Reserve 1964 45th
P: (54) '10 Arturo Fuente Opus Lost City Robusto

T: (29) Arturo Fuente ANEJO Shark
P: (55) Arturo Fuente Opus Reserva D' Chateau

T: (45) Tatuaje Black Jar first release
P: (56) Tatuaje The Face

T: (49) Don Pepin Garcia My Father Lancero
P: (57) Padron 1964 Exclusivo

Best Regards.
Might be a bit off on that one.

How??

.....both were one time limited releases no longer in production at the exact same price point. In fact, the Face had quite a bit smaller run production wise than the Jar release blacks.

How??

.....both were one time limited releases no longer in production at the exact same price point. In fact, the Face had quite a bit smaller run production wise than the Jar release blacks.

Someone correct me if my numbers are wrong, but iirc: 1000 jars x 19 cigars per jar (19000) vs 666 boxes of 13 + 1300 boxes of 10 + "the balance of the boxes sold to the top 1300 retailers (21658 + whatever the other 1300 retailers got)

Three out of four.. Not bad on my first attempt. :laugh:

I'm going to give it some time to let the rest of the group speak their peace. If the P/T is deemed unacceptable. I have no issue sticking with the approved three I've posted.

I think the argument could go either way.

Jar release is just like "dress box" release......which would be 19,000 vs 8,658

The cello'd release of the black CG came out shortly after the jar, which is in-line the supplemental Faces. Meaning, yes, the Face was a much smaller production run if you consider dress box release vs. supplemental release....the same scenario with the blacks....which decreases your number by like....13,000

Even still if you compared Black CG to Face total production for both releases of each cigar....the Black was produced in significantly more quantities.

But how many Blacks are out there in circulation? being that the face are only 9months old they are much easier to come by. Again JMO.

But how many Blacks are out there in circulation? being that the face are only 9months old they are much easier to come by. Again JMO.

Rarity should be based on production until a certain point where years become a factor. I'd say that's probably when you get past the 8-10yr. marker, after production of the cigar has ceased.

That's like someone saying Opus are one of the rarest cigars because they aren't at their B&M and they can't get them, even though they are on a constant, quarterly production and are widely available. You can't make it subjective to a sample of the population.

In just a couple years, the Face will be just like the Frank, and Neither the Black or the Face you can still buy in stores. Your perception of circulation is probably based off the multiple Forums B/S/T's...which is a terrible way to judge rarity. If it's different, please let me know, I'm legitimately interested.

"Rarity" has always been judged differently by different hosts. I often looked at it based on the following qualifications:

Level 1: Currently in Production Year Round
Level 2: On a Production/ Release Schedule
Level 3: Out of Circulation
3a. Production Size
3b. Age

Often times you try to stay in the same category, and then base it off of production size. Circumstances could permit a trade for a Level 2 Put for a Level 3 trade if price, etc. closed the gap. However, it's hard to think of an example where a Level 1 could be put for a Level 3, save for only a few cigars.

Like I said, everyone is different in how they judge "rarity" it's always been the one thing that can't be truly standardized. But availability to CP vs. availability to the average smoker I personally don't feel is an adequate way to adjust the scales.

At the end of the day, It's Joe's call, I'm just explaining how I justified it to Mike when he showed me the P/T when we got together this afternoon. Since both cigars were a level 3, and the Put was a Smaller production size than the Take, and prices were equivalent to the penny, it seemed good. The cigars are too close in age for that to be a real factor.

Wow...really good post Jake. I like the way you broke it down. I think that not taking age into account for 8 years is a bit of a stretch for me especially when you are talking NCs.

I'm still just a noob and am trying to absorb as much info as I can.

Wow...really good post Jake. I like the way you broke it down. I think that not taking age into account for 8 years is a bit of a stretch for me especially when you are talking NCs.

I'm still just a noob and am trying to absorb as much info as I can.

Age is the grey area...I guessed 8-10, but at the same time, I don't think 4-5 is enough....

I think the argument could go either way.

Jar release is just like "dress box" release......which would be 19,000 vs 8,658

The cello'd release of the black CG came out shortly after the jar, which is in-line the supplemental Faces. Meaning, yes, the Face was a much smaller production run if you consider dress box release vs. supplemental release....the same scenario with the blacks....which decreases your number by like....13,000

Even still if you compared Black CG to Face total production for both releases of each cigar....the Black was produced in significantly more quantities.

Not sure why we're discussing Black CGs that came out after the Jar. They have noting to do with the Jar release. The celloed version, from Pete Johnson himself, are a lighter wrapper, and thus held out of the Jars.

The Face was all one release. Even if you take away the "remaining" boxes sent off to the next 130 retailers, the first 21658 were all released on the same day, are all the same cigar, just in a different box. I've looked around, but I can't find anything that says there was any difference between the cigars that were chosen to go into the 13 ct box, or the early 10 ct box, or the 10 ct box that was released 2 weeks later. To say the Face was "quite a bit smaller run" just isn't accurate.

Price was the same. The number released were in the same ballpark (a few thousand cigars isn't really that many). I'm not sure I'm following what the issue is?

Add to the fact that there have been multiple releases of the black since the jars (cello, robusto, tubo, petit lancero) so the Tat blacks aren't really that rare, unless you're just calling them rare because of the jar.