• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3rd Annual Edwards AFB Tour and Herf - June 21, 2012 - GETTING CLOSE

DesertRat

Perpetual Newbie
I know, it's almost a year away but the date has been reserved with Edwards AFB and with this being an all day event, on a Thursday and with many attendees travelling from afar to take part in this I always want to give as much advanced notice as possible to give everyone who wishes to attend the opportunity to do so.

Mark the date on your calendar

Thursday, June 21st, 2012

Put in for vacation time

Plan on taking a sick day

But be there!

I promise that this time I will not allow such inconveniences as my son graduating high school to interfere with the day!

Remember, space is limited to 40 people and while it is not necessary to sign up now feel free to do so.

I will bump this notice to the top as the year progresses.

Thanks!

Danny, the Desert Rat

I'm down as usual bud, but we should work on a way to amp up the tour this time for those of us who have been before. ;)

I'd like to head out with the girlfriend this year!

I'm down as usual bud, but we should work on a way to amp up the tour this time for those of us who have been before.  
wink.gif

I'm thinking a standup comedy show might just do it!

Well, if you are willing to donate your time and talent for a comedy gig at the steakhouse, we can arrange that. :)

.This would be AWESOME! Count me in!

I'm down as usual bud, but we should work on a way to amp up the tour this time for those of us who have been before.
wink.gif

I'm thinking a standup comedy show might just do it!

Well, if you are willing to donate your time and talent for a comedy gig at the steakhouse, we can arrange that. :)

.This would be AWESOME! Count me in!

This may just work out!!!!!

PJ

Let's make it happen!

I am putting my name on the list with a friend tentatively. It all boils down to what work is going to do at that time....

Just wanted to provide an update on our itinerary.

Recent budget cuts have caused NASA to eliminate their tour guide positions and therefore we will not be touring the NASA facility this year. :(

We will be replacing that segment with something I think you'll find to be just as good, if not better. :D

We will be spending approximately 90 minutes with the 445th Flight Test Squadron as they provide us with an up close and personal planeside briefing and life support equipment demo of an F16.

You can read the history of the 445th FLTS here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/445th_Flight_Test_Squadron

Additionally, those of you who were on the tour in 2010 will remember that we only had two F35's in test at Edwards and only caught a glimpse of one in a hangar but not much more.

In 2011 there were six F35's in test and we had one taxi right by our bus on the flightline portion of the tour.

This year there could be as many as 12 in test by the time the tour date hits. So we should be in for some good viewings.

Here is the current itinerary for the event

Public Affairs tour guide arrives at Bldg 3516
Air Force bus arrives at West Gate Parking Lot
Group arrives, boards bus, begins AF flightline tour
1015 – 1145
Arrive Hangar 1207, 445[sup]th[/sup] FLTS planeside briefing and life support equipment demonstration
1145 – 1245
Lunch, NASA Food Court
Air Force Bus returns
Board bus, depart NASA
Arrive at South Base (B2, B1, B52), see Muroc ramp & Yeager Pit (click link for photo of Yeager Pit) http://derekhorne.tripod.com/card32.JPG
Arrive at Museum, tour at leisure
Group boards bus
Arrive at Gate, tour complete, depart installation

Once the tour is completed we will head to Foxy's Steakhouse for the herf. I have no more children to graduate high school so this year the herf will go on!

That's all for now!

Danny

Folks, we are 60 days out!

Please let me know over the next few weeks if you are still in or want to get in. Space is still available, but it is limited.

Guys and gals. We are 6 weeks out from the cutoff date that I need to get the roster and information over to the Security Forces Squadron (8 weeks to the event).

If you already indicated wanting to attend I have sent you a message.

If you are on the fence and would like to go, now is the time to contact me and get on the roster as space is limited.

Danny