• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pass Participation

Ttison

I have just joined and I look forward to my first three months passing fast so I can start my first pass! Im real new to the cigar world but I have a tremendous desire to learn about them. Also one question, does my age matter in this as long as I am old enough to smoke a cigar?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=70030&pid=1053819&st=0&#entry1053819

Just take a minute to read this.

Jon, you should start a pass for guys with less than 5 posts.

I have just joined and I look forward to my first three months passing fast so I can start my first pass! Im real new to the cigar world but I have a tremendous desire to learn about them. Also one question, does my age matter in this as long as I am old enough to smoke a cigar?

Okay, I'm annoyed. You sent me a PM saying you read the rules etc. but, you didn't. Your first post isn't an introduction, and I don't really understand your question regarding how your age has anything to do with joining a pass?

You join here and you are supposed to be of legal smoking age. Your reputation has everything to do with being allowed to join a pass. Also, where did you get THREE MONTHS??

Thank you for the nice self-righteous PM, however you dont know everything that you think you do. Enough said.

I read every post in the link you sent me and at the top of the Open Cigar Passes forum in plain red it says "JOINING A PASS: You may not join a pass unless you have been an active member, in good standing, for at least the past 3 months of joining CP. Ability to join a pass is at the Hosts' discretion." Thats where i got three months from and I apologize for annoying you I wont contact you anymore.

I wonder if there is a way Cigar Pass can put up on of those "I have read and agree to the Cigar Pass Terms of Service" pages somewhere in the joining process?
It could contain all the simple things like, but not limited to:

Post an intro first
Read the New Users Guide
Read all the stuff in red at the top of each page
Try the search bar

then make them have to click yes before they can move on. THen when the first post is asking to sell, buy or join something we can ask them kindly leave for the blatant violation of the simple TOS the agreed to.

just a thought

Tim

I apologize for the post I was anxious and it was an honest mistake. I didn't ask to join a pass in my first post also. You were new and axious once to man so give me a break. I won't post anymore in here for a while.

Yep, your right I was new and anxious once, well anxious any way, I am still new.

Difference is I read the rules, learned how things were done, and tried to get to know people.

If you look at what this section of the Forum is for you will see that it is for Cigar passes that are in the opening stages, not for anyone to come in and and self-promote, ask, beg to be in a pass, or to let the general population of CP know that they will be ready when the time comes. To put it bluntly, you will be ready to join a pass when you are asked, or allowed to join a pass, when the members of this community are willing to give you that chance.

Your OP would have been better served in the Lobby or even the Cigar lounge, but really your OP, your first post, should have been in the Intro section, where you could have stated your high level of anticipation and eagerness to be part of this family. But you already knew that right? You read everything, right? So, if you read it all, understood it all, how then was this an honest mistake?

I am not trying to be an ass, really, I am not. I know it seems like a lot of grief for one post, by one new member, but your not the only one. Take your time, look around, understand how it works around here, and you will do fine.

It may not seem like it, but this really is a great family to be part of.

T

Yep, your right I was new and anxious once, well anxious any way, I am still new.

Difference is I read the rules, learned how things were done, and tried to get to know people.

If you look at what this section of the Forum is for you will see that it is for Cigar passes that are in the opening stages, not for anyone to come in and and self-promote, ask, beg to be in a pass, or to let the general population of CP know that they will be ready when the time comes. To put it bluntly, you will be ready to join a pass when you are asked, or allowed to join a pass, when the members of this community are willing to give you that chance.

Your OP would have been better served in the Lobby or even the Cigar lounge, but really your OP, your first post, should have been in the Intro section, where you could have stated your high level of anticipation and eagerness to be part of this family. But you already knew that right? You read everything, right? So, if you read it all, understood it all, how then was this an honest mistake?

I am not trying to be an ass, really, I am not. I know it seems like a lot of grief for one post, by one new member, but your not the only one. Take your time, look around, understand how it works around here, and you will do fine.

It may not seem like it, but this really is a great family to be part of.

T
No man I don't to know everything by far and that is why I stated I was eager to learn but in that link he posted to me, it never talked about the Intro Post section. I apologize again for the post in the wrong section and I wil refrain from posting ignorantly in the future. Thanks for your feedback

The reason I didn't post about the new member guide is because you obviously already knew everything already, and I had wrongfully assumed you already read what you needed to know.

On the same note, grow some thicker skin. You'll go nowhere with the martyr attitude. I'm really truly not an ass and have a great many friends on here. You and I may have locked horns here in your first post, but don't let that dissuade you in thinking that my advice is not valid brother.

Listen to Tim, he had some good advice.

The reason I didn't post about the new member guide is because you obviously already knew everything already, and I had wrongfully assumed you already read what you needed to know.

On the same note, grow some thicker skin. You'll go nowhere with the martyr attitude. I'm really truly not an ass and have a great many friends on here. You and I may have locked horns here in your first post, but don't let that dissuade you in thinking that my advice is not valid brother.

Listen to Tim, he had some good advice.

Disagree. :sign:
:laugh:

And just because you are a member for 3 months doesn't automatically make you eligible to join a pass... And the way things are going around here you will most likely need to be invited to the pass which could take a VERY long time to earn the hosts trust. So go enjoy the rest of the forums and forget about this one for while. Learn the way things are done here and interact with the locals (odd bunch) a bit. Maybe try out the newbie sampler trade.

And just because you are a member for 3 months doesn't automatically make you eligible to join a pass... And the way things are going around here you will most likely need to be invited to the pass which could take a VERY long time to earn the hosts trust. So go enjoy the rest of the forums and forget about this one for while. Learn the way things are done here and interact with the locals (odd bunch) a bit. Maybe try out the newbie sampler trade.
Yeah I've been enjoying them quite a bit for the past couple of days. It's been very informative and awesome to look around. Im learning a lot but i can def see where it would take a long time to join in a pass. The way things are in today's world its hard to trust anyone. Thanks for the advice though man.

It doesn't have to take a long time to join a pass. Several people have started newbie passes for the purpose of teaching newbs how they work. It's really a matter of timing. We're coming up on pass season so you may get lucky.

It doesn't have to take a long time to join a pass. Several people have started newbie passes for the purpose of teaching newbs how they work. It's really a matter of timing. We're coming up on pass season so you may get lucky.
Yeah that's very true! Thanks for the info man!