24 replies to this topic

#21 Not A Nice Person

Not A Nice Person

Pink.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Almost took a bottle of it to the cigar lounge tonight but I went with Aberlour 12 instead, which was a HUGE hit with the guys. Maybe next time.

~Boar

#22 Khomeinist

Khomeinist

CP Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Good move. Aberlour 12 is a superior product. Double Black has a comically-short finish. Was not impressed.

#23 ironpeddler

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

Good move. Aberlour 12 is a superior product. Double Black has a comically-short finish. Was not impressed.

I didn't get that impression at all. The smokiness seemed to hang around on the tongue for a bit longer than most. But then again, the 2 times I drank it I was also smoking a cigar...if that has anything to do with it ???

#24 louich

louich

The evil snowman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

. . . is quite nice, actually.

This showed up at my local megastore, Spec's. Naturally, as a longtime fan of JWB, I just had to have one, and naturally, it being Friday, I had to crack it open right after dinner. :laugh:

The bottle itself is transparent black glass, but otherwise consistent with other JW offerings in terms of size, shape, and packaging. Very nice looking. Color in the glass is similar to JWB, although perhaps a bit redder. Nose is similar, with a bit more smoke.

Tastewise, the easiest way to describe it is as cross between JWB and Laphroiag---definitely much smokier and more robust and muscular than JWB, but just as smooth and with the characteristic flavor profile . . . just turned up quite a few notches.

Mouth feel is excellent, full-bodied and slightly oily, with a nice long finish. I'm enjoying it immensely, and will definitely be buying another bottle. I paid $35 for it and would call it a bargain at that price.

Recommended!

~Boar

Indeed a nice JW... My guess would be more Coal il in the mix to get the smoky side out more

#25 Aussie Shaun

Aussie Shaun

Just call me Grumps.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

I have to agree, it has to be my favorite of the JW blends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users