• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The new wineador is complete

22jdub

I picked up this 11 bottle wine fridge a couple months ago on CL for $75, it was brand new. Yesterday I got the custom shelves from Golfnut (Wineadors.com). They look great. I must say, just as everyone here has said, I'm filling it up faster than I expected.

gallery_14303_1571_1240331.jpg
gallery_14303_1571_765107.jpg

Looks nice. I need to get my stuff ordered from Forrest (Golfnut).

I might abandon my project. Can't seem the get the humidity down no matter what I do. I might be selling a wine cooler in the Houston area soon.

Have you tried taking all humidification out, leaving it open for a few hours then just putting just the beads in?

I picked up a non-functioning Haier earlier in the week and parked it in the man cave unpowered with a spare digi hygrometer. It was running about 60-62rh and 70-72F with nothing at all in it. I threw a mazo of Devil's Weed and some singles in an open cedar box into it last night to see what affect that would have.

It could be I just need to "dry box" everything in there so I'll leave it open in the thoughout the afternoon and night and then see how it goes after that. I did put some unhydrated beads in there thinking that would take care of it, but nope.

best thing to do is leave you sticks in there and mail the whole thing to me. :whistling:

Looking good there 22jdub, she is pretty sexy. Nothing left but to fill her up and make her fat (as in full). Almost makes you want to build another one!

It could be I just need to "dry box" everything in there so I'll leave it open in the thoughout the afternoon and night and then see how it goes after that. I did put some unhydrated beads in there thinking that would take care of it, but nope.

Hey Chief, were you able to get the humidity regulated in yours?

Still at a 73-74 constant. Not sure what to do. I might try kitty litter.

Golfnut does great work! He's cheap and on time to boot!

Yes, I was surprised by the great price, and they turned out great

Nice! If you dont mind me asking, how much for everything and how does it hold temp/humidity?

Nice! If you dont mind me asking, how much for everything and how does it hold temp/humidity?

I picked up the wine fridge on craigslist for $75, new, in the box. The shelves were $12 a piece from Golfnut (wineadores.com) and the heartfelt 65% beads were $18. It holds temp and RH great. Stays pretty steady at 66% and 70 degrees.

Please dont be offended by me asking as I'm also a n00b. But isnt 70 degrees a little hot? Or maybe that's the way you like your cigars.

Please dont be offended by me asking as I'm also a n00b. But isnt 70 degrees a little hot? Or maybe that's the way you like your cigars.

70 degrees is perfect. A couple degrees higher or lower is no problem but going too much hotter, say 75, can up your chances of beetles hatching. Its better to be a bit lower than 70 if you must.