• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So now the have Fake Behikes

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I got a couple of these from a friend. Tastes nothing like a Behike and the band was not right. It was only a matter of time before the counterfeited the holographic band. The top and bottom gold are not equal on the fake and the head is not right. Real has ridges fake does not. Also the dots are smaller on the fake. Check out the photo.

BehikeRnF.jpg

Color me surprised...

Thanks for the pics. Hopefully these help someone avoid fakes in the future.

Good catch. Unfortunately, that band would pass cursory inspection for someone not familiar with them and finding the chance and temptation to taste the forbidden fruit. Heck, I honestly wouldn't have known the difference by band idiosyncrasies and intricacies, alone. Then again, I wouldn't be paying that much for a cigar, to begin with. If someone offered one at a price too good to be true, I'd expect it to be a fake and would promptly hobble away as fast as I could.

Great catch thanks for the heads up. Wonder how long before the counterfeiters start producing the new Cohiba bands on the pie amides released this week at the Habanos Festival?

Haven't these been around for a bit now? I seem to remember someone linking an article from CA's website a year or so again. I actually have a few bogus samples of these from TL's stock but haven't bothered to smoke one yet.

Since I haveyetto try one, I probably jumped at one or two. Good photos and thanks for the heads up.

Did you smoke or dissect the fake? The band looks pretty obvious when they are side-by-side. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll probably never try a Behike, these are out of my price range and sometimes it's better not to know what you are missing out on!

Did you smoke or dissect the fake? The band looks pretty obvious when they are side-by-side. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll probably never try a Behike, these are out of my price range and sometimes it's better not to know what you are missing out on!

Smoked the first third and dissected the rest.

The fakes were probably out before the real ones.

I hate saying this... but I was duped by that very same fake Behike about 6-7 months ago (same exact fake label on the cigar). I thought it was real at first, having never seen a real Behike before, until I did some research. As soon as I found out it was fake, I went outside and lit it up in anger just to see how "bad" it would be. To my surprise, the taste of the fake wasn't bad at all. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't amazing or anything, but it was more than decent/smokable. It was actually better than some mid-priced smokes I've had here and there. I ended up smoking a good portion of it, but made sure to leave enough to dissect it and see if it was long or short filler. To my surprise, it was rolled with long filler.

I think my obession with wanting to try a real Behike so badly came from being duped back then. Hahah. Knowledge is power!!

I hate saying this... but I was duped by that very same fake Behike about 6-7 months ago (same exact fake label on the cigar). I thought it was real at first, having never seen a real Behike before, until I did some research. As soon as I found out it was fake, I went outside and lit it up in anger just to see how "bad" it would be. To my surprise, the taste of the fake wasn't bad at all. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't amazing or anything, but it was more than decent/smokable. It was actually better than some mid-priced smokes I've had here and there. I ended up smoking a good portion of it, but made sure to leave enough to dissect it and see if it was long or short filler. To my surprise, it was rolled with long filler.

I think my obession with wanting to try a real Behike so badly came from being duped back then. Hahah. Knowledge is power!!

Not a terrible smoke, but not close to the real deal. Not even Cuban tobacco. Cuban seed, but not Cuban grown.

Not a terrible smoke, but not close to the real deal. Not even Cuban tobacco. Cuban seed, but not Cuban grown.

My thoughts exactly. I haven't tried a real Behike before, but can definitely say that it didn't have that Cubanesque character.

The other observation from another article is the distinctive 'black' band/shadow around the head.