• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Berger & Argenti Entubar V32

Petthefish

• Robusto
  • Size: 4 7/8 x 50
  • Wrapper: Nicaraguan
  • Binder: Nicaraguan
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
So this was a gift from a friend of mine and I was looking forward to smoking it. Sunday afternoon we were out on the river enjoying the sun and sand fishing for Salmon

Look: The cigar was dark oily with veins visible but overall this cigar looked great. Now the foot at first through me off but after reading more about entubar cigars it was interesting to say the least.
Pre-light Smell: Smelling the foot you get a very earthy sweet coco smell

First Half: once you light the entire foot as warned from the label on the cigar. You get thick white chewy smoke flavors are woodsy and spicy flavor. Burn was even at first but soon I started to get uneven burning nothing horrible but a little wonky. Flavor was great nutty hints, but the promenade flavor was the spicy coco.

6811265826_fd0b3d24d3_m.jpg

Second Half: Here is where the smoke started to concern me. Flavor was great one of the best smokes in a long time. Sitting on the riverbank made it even better. But the burn started to really go downhill fast. About a quarter of an inch from the burn line what started as a small dark spot soon opened up into what I can only describe as a cancerous hole. I have never seen or had a cigar do this it did not look like the cigar was tunneling but man at this point I was wondering if I could finish this stick. I removed the bands and kept on smoking cause flavor wise this cigar was good. But the burn was off and only having a punch cutter with me I could not re-cut and light it up again. I never made it to the nub but with a full hour into this smoke it was defiantly worth a smoke.

6957379299_22eaeb96b9_m.jpg
6957381203_f241828a38_m.jpg

Conclusion: This is a good cigar with limited production and for its size and quality is a little high priced (10 bucks) Would I smoke another one why yes I would but for the price I can think of a few other cigars in that price range that I would purchase first. I gotta thank my buddy Ed for the smoke. Ryan

ohh and no fish were caught! but the dog watched my rod for me like a hawk!
6957379699_6fbb8495f2.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if anyone else has smoked these with similar burn problems?

That is not the usual entubar experience. The whole purpose is to make the burn and draw better.

Uneven moisture content, maybe? Or just one of those flukes ...