• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The search for pappy

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
So I bought the 20 yr pappy van winkle in my hometown during Christmas. They had a bunch of bottles of various years. So I'm I'm town 6 hours away from Houston for a wedding and the whole drive I'm thinking about a 12 yr bottle I'm gonna go swipe up when I get there.

Of course they're out when I get here. What was I thinking getting my hopes up.

Shipments are just going out. It looks like Maryland's was shipped on Tuesday, so I can start keeping and eye out.

For some reasons the stores around me in Houston don't get it. This one store back in my home town near the border gets them. Go figure haha.

Don't go out of your way but if you see anything... Thanks

a6934f3c-90c3-0603.jpg
found one! The lady said she hasn't been able to sell it because no one knew what it was!!! Haha. I said they're crazy!

I thought the 12 was part of the rip van winkle line? Are the rip and pappy lines the same?

Can I ask what the 12 year sells for??

I thought the 12 was part of the rip van winkle line? Are the rip and pappy lines the same?
It is part of the same line. Maybe I confused the title of the post. But anyway I found a 12 yr. I have about 3/4 of a bottle of the 20 yr old at home.

The 12 yr I grabbed for about 58.00 before taxes.

that's not bad!! now I just need to find some

I haven't had the 15. So I can only vouch for the 12 and 20. I'm loving the 12 right now. Such an awesome velvety carmel texture. I'm sure AVB can lend some insight on the 15.

So I found another 20 yr old while I'm down here on my trip. I sat here in the car thinking whether or not I should go pick it up. I decided to get it. :)

Very nice! I love the 12yo, but haven't laid my hands on the 15yo yet. If you score anymore and are interested in selling or trading, let me know.

This has been seriously elusive for me. I've had to make several trips to Florida, recently, and I think I've hit every liquor store along the way. 12 or 15 is on my wish list. I did see a bottle of the 20, but the Yahoo was a gouger and wanted something like $425.00.

425.00?? Crazy. They had a 23 yr old for 298.00. Couldn't bring myself to do it plus I think they were asking too much for it. It's rare but not enough for me to get it at that price.

Yeah, We have a local guy who will stock a few bottles of HTF spirits, keeps a bottle for himself, then doubles the prices to make enough for his to be free.
I may make it to Jacksonville, FL my next trip, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I did find a bottle of Jemeson 18 for $81.00 though! Since it is St. Patty's day......