• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Many cigars gone bad....big dilemma

This is a tough one.
I can not talk openly because I will be stepping on lots of toes and it will not be nice.
I just found the subject has being raised but no one knows what is really the cause of a problem many others have.
I have several Humidors ...thank god
Two large desk tops hold my daily already aged for smoking sticks of many previously great smokes that now taste like hell.
Behikes, opuses, Lucys, part shorts, Rass,and many other ccs plus Padron 64 and 26s, fuente hemis and so on and quite a few great cheap ones....all masked by a horrible taste which I doubt but do not know if I can get rid off.
I got busy test smoking fresh stuff I was buying stocking up on the larger humidor and when I went back to the desk tops they are all screwed up to a larger or lesser degree depending when they got laid there after I made a change....for the better i thought which actually it was RH wise.

If anyone wants to help I can not say what and from who,all I can say I used a very popular humidification solution a lot are using here and it gives taste to the cigars that ruins them.
I reversed everything the way it was before but I do not know if I can save them in time,neither do i know how to get help with out talking.

The ones of you here that know a lot please pm me and see if you can advice with out causing issues for anyone

I smoke for a lot of years ,I know my taste buds still work great.

You won't be stepping on anyones toes by talking about humidification problems. If you're talking about a Propylene Glycol solution, then I seriously doubt that a lot of people here use it. Distilled water is the way to go. I work in a chemical laboratory and we have a lot of PG come through here and thre's no way I'm putting that in with my cigars. Don't get me wrong, it's safe to use, but personally, I stick with distilled water.

Now, If you aren't talking about PG, then disregard this post.

I was about to use PG solution for regarching! Guess I'll stick with distilled water...

Hope you didn't use antifreeze....not aware of any of the "popular" humidification devices out there that would cause problems unless the system wasn't followed properly.

Meaningless rhetoric. If you aren't willing to be honest and tell the membership what happened, your posts and comments are questionable, at best.

If there is a product that damaged your cigars, it's not bashing anyone to tell the honest truth. Help the membership, contribute to the forums...or not. That is your choice....

....sure sounds like it to me.

How does one "smoke for a lot of years", yet just recently had his cigars taste horrible? The guys I know have their own system that worked for them all these years.

Why are you still using PG? It's ancient technology.

I am empathetic to the OP. You see, I'm burdened with the knowledge of the final resting place of the Holy Grail. I obviously cannot talk about its location but I will continually post about me knowing its location. Please don't ask me divulge its location, even though I know its location, which I cannot talk about.

This is a tough one.
I can not talk openly because I will be stepping on lots of toes and it will not be nice.
I just found the subject has being raised but no one knows what is really the cause of a problem many others have.
I have several Humidors ...thank god
Two large desk tops hold my daily already aged for smoking sticks of many previously great smokes that now taste like hell.
Behikes, opuses, Lucys, part shorts, Rass,and many other ccs plus Padron 64 and 26s, fuente hemis and so on and quite a few great cheap ones....all masked by a horrible taste which I doubt but do not know if I can get rid off.
I got busy test smoking fresh stuff I was buying stocking up on the larger humidor and when I went back to the desk tops they are all screwed up to a larger or lesser degree depending when they got laid there after I made a change....for the better i thought which actually it was RH wise.

If anyone wants to help I can not say what and from who,all I can say I used a very popular humidification solution a lot are using here and it gives taste to the cigars that ruins them.
I reversed everything the way it was before but I do not know if I can save them in time,neither do i know how to get help with out talking.

The ones of you here that know a lot please pm me and see if you can advice with out causing issues for anyone

I smoke for a lot of years ,I know my taste buds still work great.

Is this what you are referring to?

holy-shenanigans-batman-culos-batgirl-understudy-demotivational-posters-1294662120.jpg

Grateful1 just took away any thought I might have had on the subject of..... Well, what the subject was is now irrevelant to ..... Batwings or whatever they are hiding in there. Gotta go grab me my digitalis!

I am empathetic to the OP. You see, I'm burdened with the knowledge of the final resting place of the Holy Grail. I obviously cannot talk about its location but I will continually post about me knowing its location. Please don't ask me divulge its location, even though I know its location, which I cannot talk about.

I thought I told you to stay the hell out of my Garage!

edit to add:

Look at Grateful's picture post. There are actually two sets of domes in the picture. Did I win?

Ok guys and girls.

It is beads!

I will never say which brand !

Lots of you are using them.

When you first buy them and use them in a week or so besides the fact they give perfect humidity control on your seasoned humidors you will notice a mild spicy feel on your cigars that you will not know what it is and not bad at all.

At two months you will have that wonderful slightly bitter spice(I am ironic now) that it will be a numbing sensation from the tip of your tongue and to a lesser effect further back that it will linger long after you will stop smoking and it will be strong enough to mask the taste of your smokes by overpowering your palate getting worse as you keep on smoking your cigars and keep on pumping the substance in your mouth.
It will make your cigars taste slightly bitter with a sharp metallic taste that masks the taste of your tobacco.
It has the ability to make you get a sensation like you burned your mouth slightly and can not taste good enough and it will make your medium and light body cigars become tasteless with the exception of that wonderful(ironic again) taste that I described above.

If you dry an effected cigar it will get better since the effect lessens it self....I have no way to know for sure why yet but I have suspicions and trying to verify with some experiments I have done already to verify the exact cause of the problem.
I have removed all the beads from the desk tops I had them in, and experimented a little by placing them all in other boxes ( empty cigar boxes that seal ok)let them lay there a day or so check the RH being right and place an inexpensive and non effected cigar that I smoke lots of with a lot of beads and not allowing the container of the beads touch the cigar.

I will be posting as I am doing this with several boxes what happens in how much time......not a fun cigar tasting deal since this stuff is nasty and it will screw up your taste buds for a while.
I am doing this to see if it is possible that this happens with new beads only of that brand and see if this can stop happening if the beads get to dry and start over.

Now if you want to be familiar and get a full body taste of what this is lick the outside of one of your bead containers with these specific beads inside post doing the following.
Take a clean container for the beads lick it(no taste!) then pour the the previously humidified beads in it with out touching the outside placed in a great smelling empty cigar box and then lick it again after it was in there long enough and RH was reached in the box.

How do you spell silica salt full body bitter awe full burn of your tongue?
Rinse with lots of water after words and swallowing not recommended more likely dangerous to your health........and do not smoke for a couple of days since you have done wonders to your tongues taste buds but hey you just found out what this stuff taste like along...... instead in combo with your favorite tobacco!

I talked with the vendor that sells them and we wondered if the taste can come from new beads humidified fully and the key substance that regulates RH might come through.
He stated I am the first one he heard of that problem,and he also said the substance that regulates the RH can not go on the cigars unless you pour the beads all over your cigars.......I let him know I am reasonable and I would never try anything like that.
However as I keep on thinking about this I know the substance used can and it does attach to water vapor and naturally it will get in your cigars and of course effect their taste.

I do not want to get bead up over this and I wish to find out if I can find an answer if possible to save the smokes in these two desk tops.
I did this concerned about RH only and started with one of the two first and after I had great success with them on one box I placed them on the other also.

I placed half pound at the center lower part of both boxes and half that at the top drawers and the cigars that had it the longest got effected the most including the ones in cellophane wrappers that was the closest to the humidification containers.

Please take it easy on me ,you asked me to talk and you are right and I hope to hear ideas how to reverse this on these specific sticks in these boxes.
They are a in a savinelli 250 count box and the treasure dom same size packed with my favorite already aged smokes.

So, do you re-sell these things, as well? I'm a bit confused from your other post why you wouldn't disclose exactly what the product is (I'm guessing it's HF beads). You say you retail products other people use? Is this one of them? If so, why would you continue to sell it to a customer without disclosure if you know it causes negative issues with cigars? If this is NOT a product you sell and make money off of, yourself, why wouldn't you tell "the many who use this product" what it is so we can be aware of it, or maybe put a picture to a problem we think we have but can't place the origin of? I'm sorry you are having the issue with your smokes, and I hope it is fixable, but you aren't helping yourself or anyone else here by being so evasive.

Although I am afflicted with Can't Stop Writing Syndrome, myself... I have absolutely no idea what it is you are saying in that novella above.

Now, define "is", Mr. Clinton...

So, do you re-sell these things, as well? I'm a bit confused from your other post why you wouldn't disclose exactly what the product is (I'm guessing it's HF beads). You say you retail products other people use? Is this one of them? If so, why would you continue to sell it to a customer without disclosure if you know it causes negative issues with cigars? If this is NOT a product you sell and make money off of, yourself, why wouldn't you tell "the many who use this product" what it is so we can be aware of it, or maybe put a picture to a problem we think we have but can't place the origin of? I'm sorry you are having the issue with your smokes, and I hope it is fixable, but you aren't helping yourself or anyone else here by being so evasive.

Although I am afflicted with Can't Stop Writing Syndrome, myself... I have absolutely no idea what it is you are saying in that novella above.

Now, define "is", Mr. Clinton...

Please read carefully.

I do not sell anything and neither did I say anything like this anywhere.

READ my posts and quote .

Where did you see me saying anything like this?

The subject of the other post was not what is here.......please read!

I do not believe is proper to hurt anyone that sells a product by disclosing their names or product name.

There is a lot of variables at play and I would never take responsibility of blaming anyone unless they do something unethical.

The vendors of these products have the right of not being accused about anything but notified of experiences and fix things if not what they should be.

I am sure lots of people would agree with this and understand why is the right thing to do.

First thing I did was trying to find out what I might have done wrong and mess my cigars up.

It turns out I did as recommended

Anyone can use this info the way they feel is best and I am only sharing my experiences and ask for help.

Interesting reads. If your taste buds are good, something was introduced to the sticks. Beads, PG or infused cedar .Empty the units (I am sure you have done that) and smell the inside. You may want to use a drop or two/three on a piece of wood (scrap cedar) of a cedarwood essential oil to "get the cedar back". Thats, if your wood inside seems not to be right. I personal would not cut corners to save a buck or to on beads. I would get good ones. Futher, I would drop the PG and start with the distilled.

Good luck, you will be fine......

Man, you about had us. I mean, you almost pulled it off. The set up was flawless, just the right amount of vagueness hinting at problems we all probably could have coupled with the Tolstoy-like wordiness to your posts and you darned near had us all. The only criticism I would off is don't give your punchline so close to the middle of your post:

Now if you want to be familiar and get a full body taste of what this is lick the outside of one of your bead containers with these specific beads inside post doing the following.
Take a clean container for the beads lick it(no taste!) then pour the the previously humidified beads in it with out touching the outside placed in a great smelling empty cigar box and then lick it again after it was in there long enough and RH was reached in the box.

Now that's a brilliant punch line, don't get me wrong, my only problem is placing it in the middle of your novel. Why not make that the last paragraph? It would be like delivering that line on stage and simply dropping the mic onto the stage and confidently walking off. It's a power move. Or possibly following that up with a :trollface: pic or something. Anyway, just some advice. Well played though, you certainly got me on it. Lick your beads. LOL, good one.