• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
Figured we needed a thread to track everyone's golf forays.

If it doesn't stop snowing here soon, I may choke somebody.

Amen. Granted, its not snowing here in upstate NY, but won't be golf weather for another month. Time to get the sticks regripped and get to the range though.

Funny you started this thread.  Received an email today that I thought was pretty good, so I'll share it with you.......and I will be playing Saturday and Sunday...Sunny in the 60's here in NE TN :)
If I didn't think of writing such a book, I certainly could co-author it!!  :laugh:

THE MOST USEFUL GOLF BOOK EVER

Topics covered are as follows:

Chapter 1 How to Properly Line Up Your Fourth Putt.

Chapter 2 How to Hit a Nike from the Rough, when you Hit a Titleist from the tee.

Chapter 3 How to Avoid the Water When You Lie 8 in a bunker.

Chapter 4 How to Get More Distance off the Shank.

Chapter 5 When to give the marshal The Finger.

Chapter 6 Using Your Shadow on the Greens to Maximize Earnings.

Chapter 7 When to Implement Handicap Management.

Chapter 8 Proper Excuses for Drinking Beer Before 9:00 a.m.

Chapter 9 How to Rationalize a 6 Hour Round.

Chapter 10 When Does a Divot become classified as Sod.

Chapter 11 How to Find That Ball That Everyone Else Saw Go in the water.

Chapter 12 Why your Spouse Doesn’t Care That You Birdied the 5th.

Chapter 13 Using curse words creatively to Control Ball Flight.

Chapter 14 When to Let a Foursome Play through Your Twosome.

Chapter 15 How to Relax When You Are Hitting Five off the Tee.

Chapter 16 When to Suggest Major Swing Corrections to Your Opponent.

Chapter 17 God and the Meaning of the Birdie-to-Bogey Three Putt.

Chapter 18 When to Re-grip Your Ball Retriever.

Chapter 19 Throwing Your Clubs: An Effective Stress-Reduction Technique.

Chapter 20 Can You Purchase a Better Golf Game?

Chapter 21 Why Male Golfers Will Pay $15 a Beer from the Cart Girl and tip her $5, but will balk at $4 at the clubhouse and stiff the Bartender

I've seen a number of variations on the above mentioned Book. Love them all!
Crap weather once again in CT. Just yesterday I thought I saw a patch of grass sticking up in the backyard. This is always a tough time of year for me; I'm starting to get a stiffy for golf but we're still skiing. Oh well, the league starts mid April come hell or high water.

Or league chili supper is Saturday. Can't wait to take peoples money again this year.

Played last Saturday in RI...glad the sun came out to get the temp to a little over 40 degrees!

Hope to play this Sunday in CT - although this storm may have other plans.

I'm well acquainted with Chapter 17 myself. For some reason though, I'm like the king of one putts when I'm hitting three off the tee :-/

I wrote Chapter 13.

Wife gave me a Golf Sense swing analyser for Christmas. Can't wait to use it. Winter just won't go away here, either.

Was able to play a once in a liftime course last week.  I played a round with my dad at Cypress Point Club in Monterey, CA.  It was such an amazing experience.

I can't wait to use the chipping and putting green I put in the side yard.  I putt all winter on the carpet. Really hoping to improve my game this year, consistency and confidence.

Grateful1 where did you play in RI?

^Jealous!

Played a phenomenal course in Bradenton, FL 2 weeks ago, The Concession.  A collobaration between Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin to commemerate the 1969 Ryder Cup when Nicklaus conceded a putt to Jacklin, rendering the first tie in Ryder Cup history.

Anyway, course was impeccable and difficult.  The greens were no doubt the hardest I have ever putted on....like putting on a glass table top.  Approach shots were hard to keep on the green.  But I would play it again and again...absolutely beautiful  Coming off the 18th green, this chap in a british accent comes riding by in a cart, "excuse me, excuse".  Did a double take...it was David Ledbetter.  Caddie said he did private lessons out there.  Service was impeccable also. 

Here in NE TN, winters are usually mild, and I can play mostly year round, but this winter cold temps have been around a little longer than usual.  Looking forward to the end of March because that means The Masters is around the corner.....one of my favorite tournaments to watch.  :thumbs:

Have played twice this winter...warming up for spring.  Looking to get some new sticks in a couple weeks have no idea what I want!  I have some competition in the family, the daughter plays on her high school team that won the state championship last year, her reward was a set of Ping G20's.  My jealousy has gotten the best of me and the 15 year old sticks will get the boot.  Should be a busy year golf wise, I plan to play as much as work allows, and the daughter signed up for the junior golf tour so she will be playing 9 2 day events, then moving into the high school season.  I should get a lot of course time as a result.

I don't even know where to start with this thread. I play all the time. I live one mile from the PGA Tour Superstore in Roswell so I spends three days a week there. I have a sick habit with Scotty Cameron's and own six of them. I have always loved ping irons but am making the switch to Mizuno MP 59s.

I played in RI again - Winnapaug.

Played much better this time...the warm weather helped :D

I picked up a 913 driver...now to look at some irons for this year.

Best time of the year for golf in Houston, our course is in the best shape it will be in all year right now. The only problem is we lose it for two weeks for the Shell Houston Open! The course is a blast to play right now with all the grand stands up. It gives everything a new dimension. The field for the tournament has been fantastic the last few years. Our grounds crew deserve all the credit. They get the course as close to Augusta National conditions as possible. The pros use the course as a warm up for the Masters.

I took this picture yesterday. It's the 11th hole on the Tournament Course at Redstone.

7656e43319742e9cce4665dcdd82652d_zps4ee93fc7.jpg

4th green looking to 5th fairway.

695ad3860609024826ff7afae30483c2_zpsd28f37d6.jpg