• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CPFFL 2013 Year 4

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
We've had a great time the last few years and I hope to have the same type of league this year. This will be a 10 team league and spots go to last years owners first. If there are some that don't play this year, then the remaining spots will be open to the general public with additions at my discretion. Previous owners have until Aug. 15th to commit to the league. After that, I'll open up the remaining spots to the general public.

Like last year, the league will be set up through ESPN and we will have a live draft on SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1ST AT 7PM EST!. I've had to do a lot of juggling around with the drafts due to accommodate peoples schedules. This year, there will be a set date and time that WILL NOT be changed. If you can't attend the live draft on the date I set, then please don't sign up.

Standard ESPN scoring with a few minor changes I made last year to ramp up the scoring and change the way you look at the draft.

1) 2 points for every rush, pass, reception TD over 50 yards.
2) 1 point for every reception.
3) 3 points for a field goal, 6 points for FG's over 50 yards.
4) -1 point for every missed EP.
5) 5 points for each 200+ yard ind. receiving or rushing game.
6) Maximum of 3 roster moves per week

I may do some more tweaking of the scoring later on to make each weeks match ups a little more exciting and interesting. I hate seeing those 80-72 scores, so the adjusted scoring will take care of that. This also will make you do your homework on the draft now also so you know who breaks the big run, who gets 10 catches a game, what kicker has the strongest leg, etc.

There are rules for joining this league and if they are not followed, you will be blackballed from further leagues (not just mine, because I will make sure you don't get in another CP league if the first rule is broken).

1) You MUST stay active in the league! If your team is crappy and you give up on them, you will forfeit any prize that would come your way. Things happen where you might not be able to access a computer but if you have two weeks where no changes are made (multiple starters on bye weeks, no visible changes from bye weeks) then I will end your season and CP FFL career.

2) Respond and offer trades. You don't have to trade if you don't want to, but if someone offers a trade, be courteous and at least respond to them.

3) Lastly, when trading, after you hit the accept button there is no going back. Once you accept a trade, it will be voted on by the league. If it is upheld and you decide you want to take it back, thats just too bad.

In past leagues, we had people "forget" about their teams and it made for people to get easy wins and advance into the playoffs so I will be adding prizes to the total package so EVERYONE, down to the last week of the regular league season, has a chance to win something. I figured this would be the easiest way to keep interest in the league, so here is the prize breakdown.

1st - $300
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

The following are for the regular season only and not the playoff weeks!

Highest single weekly score $50
Most points for a single player in a week $50
Biggest score differential for the winning team in a single match up $50

To try to keep things even, you cannot win the first three in the same week. Yes, you can win all three, but they MUST be from separate weeks. I don't want a player having a career day causing someone to win all three at the same time. I want everyone to have a chance at winning something.

As you can tell from the prize system, this is a cash league. There is a $75 entry fee that will be due one week before the live draft. This is not a first come, first served league either, so don't let your feelings get hurt if you're the first one to say "I'm in" in this thread and you don't get accepted (if you're not one of the previous owners)! Post your interest here in the thread or pm me letting me know.

IF YOU CAN'T STAY COMMITTED TO THIS LEAGUE FOR THE ENTIRE TIME IT'S GOING, DON'T SIGN UP!

No asshats allowed. So, if you think you're an asshat, or you think others think you're an asshat, or others do think you're an asshat, steer clear of this thread.

Participants from last year that have the right of first spots

1) Jonesy
2) Nashkicker
3) Ironpeddler
4) NASTY
5) BigJake6904
6) :monty:
7) Drunkfish3
8) Ketchtwenty2
9) opusXmarco
10) simmsboard 

Our friend Joe Ginter (simmsboard) passed away right after the season ended and his spot goes to Tony {tpc} since he was in the first two years of the league but not last year.        
This years participants:

Jonesy PAID
{tpc} PAID
Nashkicker PAID
Ironpeddler PAID
:monty: PAID
BigJake6904 PAID
Drunkfish3 PAID
Ketchtwenty2  PAID
Rock PAID
maddog

I'm in hairless nutsack head....

Now let's not break tradition...make sure you hold the draft when I'm either drunk at a BBQ, trying to get laid, or traveling on business :rolleyes:

EDIT: League fee sent

I'm in...time to dominate this league a third year in a row.  :thumbs:

407253746.jpg

Rock said:
I am interested
I'll let you know. We're still waiting to hear from the last two guys from last years league. Everyone else has re-upped. 

I'm out for this year...new baby on Father's Day requires more daddy time than football time. Hopefully I can join in again next season.

Thanks for having me last season...although my team sucked, I had a fun time trying to kick ass.

We have 1 position pending and 1 open for anyone that may be interested.

As soon as I get Rock and maddog's info, I'll be sending out the e-mail via ESPN and you can get set up.

There is one more spot open. If you are interested, pm me your e-mail addy and post here.

Alright! We're full! As soon as I get the last e-mail addy, I will have the league invite through ESPN sent out.

Please look at the scoring because I've tweeked it a little. Not much change from last year, but enough to hopefully make the scoring go up around 5-8 points per team per week.

My annual Fantasy Football Boast is as follows...

To all of you guys who think you're going to take the Championship this year....and especially Jake & Baldy, I say....

KINNEAR-fck-you.gif

THIS IS MY YEAR BABY!

....yea, OK....this coming from the guy that always ends up in the bottom 2 or 3 teams each year.

Make sure Kiper is at your house to help you when you draft this year Shorty.

Alright, there are three two of you left that haven't paid. Remember, you have until next Saturday to do so.

Maddog, you need to start responding to the e-mails and pm's I send. Communication is of great importance to this league and I HAVE TO KNOW when I send something out, it doesn't get ignored.