• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Allagash Black Review

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Allagash Black
Belgian Style Stout
7.5% ABV
1 Pint 9.4 FL OZ
Allagash Brewery Portland, ME
Date Bottled: May 11, 2012
 ​
1471196_640935669292419_1618965829_n.jpg
 ​
This Beer was a gift from a family friend for a little boiler work I did for them. I have had many of these brews in the 12 OZ bottles before but never in a corked bomber.
 ​
Appearance:
The Allagash Black has a medium thickness to its pour with a dark brown color to it while it pours into the glass. I let it splash a slight bit to let the beer form a bit of a head at the top of the glass. It is not a very thick head but still pretty frothy . Once settled in the glass the beer takes on a very dark black color being impossible to see through it which it takes on its name well.
 ​
Aroma:
Fighting through some seasonal congestion to get a scent off this brew but I am picking up slight sent of coffee with the alcohol aroma. 
 ​
Taste:
I immediately notice the slight coffee notes with the alcohol vapor rushing over my palate. Each sip leaves a nice smooth rinse over your mouth and tongue. There is a nice roasted flavor in the middle that I just can't quiet distinguish. Each sip finishes with slight sweet sugar flavor with a note of sweet chocolate sneaking through. The slight sweetness after every sip keeps you wanting more and more and makes this brew hard to put down. I am finishing off the first 12 OZ at this point and I am really looking forward to the rest of this brew. If you can get them in your area git it a chance you won't be disappointed.
 ​
1450075_640935655959087_855386513_n.jpg
 ​
Cheers
Paul

Great review Paul, it sounds great! I will look for this one on my next trip to the beer store.

You didn't mention what cigar you paired with this beer.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!  :laugh: I hope you heal quickly!!

Great review!  I've had a bottle of this resting in my cellar for a few years.  Might have to break it out soon.

Good review Paul. Nice pics too.

Have you noticed that since you broke your foot, you have handwriting like a girl?

duglynukem said:
Good review Paul. Nice pics too.

Have you noticed that since you broke your foot, you have handwriting like a girl?
Lol If you view any of my stuff on an iPhone or any apple device it shows as a different font than I actually chose on my dell laptop. My profile is the same way along with other reviews. Strange

Good review Paul.  I have enjoyed a couple of these over the last year….good stuff!