• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Auburn / Alabama - Oh Melly...

JHolmes763

Drinkin' the koolaid
Do I need to send you my address? I like anything from Nicaraugua. :)

Bama did play like crap and Auburn "got lucky" again, but I'll take it.

0:01

The biggest loser in that game:  Ohio State University.

After the lackluster performance today, and the Game Of The Century (so far) by already #4 Auburn taking out #1, I wouldn't be surprised if Auburn jumps OSU tomorrow.

kann said:
The biggest loser in that game:  Ohio State University.

This is so true. These delusional fans here don't quite get what happened. They think Alabama's loss entitles them to #2. Beating an unranked by 1 point and Wisconsin, their only ranked opponent, losing today is not going to help that case. 

Alabama has to drop to #4. I don't understand how people an think they'll only drop 1 spot. A team can lose 1 game and still be in the mix for the title, but not when that loss is this late in the season.

That game was awesome, Alabama just made to many mistakes- what was up with the putter dropping the ball? To bad for the Tide.

I honestly didn't realize there was almost a full point and a half between OSU and Auburn in last week's BCS rankings.  I do not see how any polls or coaches can legitimately say Ohio State is the #2 team in the nation right now, but that was definitely a big deficit to make up for in the computer rankings.  Though I hate the "better to lose early than lose late" idea, I agree with you, Jonesy.  No way Alabama should be #2 (which, obviously, they weren't).  I wouldn't have been in the least bit surprised to see the top 5 as MIZZ, OSU, UA, AUB, FSU.  

All my OSU-faithful friends like to ask what the difference between OSU's "cupcake" schedule and FSU's schedule have been.  The only good answer I can give them, is "about 70 points a game"...

Auburn beat four top 25 teams (at the time they played, including the #1 team in the nation), but lost to the #6 team.  So, five top 25 teams on the schedule for Auburn vs. 2 ranked teams for OSU.  Nearly all the losses by any SEC team were to schools within the conference, especially for the top 10 teams.  

I'm really interested in next week's game in Atlanta.  "But, we're undefeated!" is the only argument that OSU and the Big 10 has right now.  There's something to be said for being undefeated at the end of the season for ANY team in NCAA football, but that doesn't necessarily mean that team is better than any other team with one or even two losses, sometimes.  

Sorry I just don't buy into the "at the time they played" argument. Auburn and Ohio State's opponents have very similar records. Both have struggled against medicore teams. Wisconsin got boned in the loss to Arizona State and Michigan State a weird loss against Notre Dame.

If's and buts and all that, but to act like any of the top 3 teams have played a drastically hard schedule is silly

One game at a time. We can discuss ifs, buts, candy and nuts after the conference championship games.

-John

Ahh, I remember fondly how Auburn argued that an undefeated team should never be left out of the National Championship again....how things have changed.  Color me delusional (bigmanfromwherever..)...Go Bucks!

Because Ohio St. is a perennial Big 10 (?) top of the heap team, I usually am anti OSU, but this year sitting in a room full of Hoosier and Boilermaker fans I have to say I was ecstatic to see Alabama get beat, giving OSU a shot!! :thumbs:

I'm just glad everyone has already handed the SEC Championship to Auburn.  I think my boys in black and gold might have something to say about it. 

Bsneed51 said:
I'm just glad everyone has already handed the SEC Championship to Auburn.  I think my boys in black and gold might have something to say about it. 
This is what I'm afraid of, too. Gotta play the game...

DePasta said:
Ahh, I remember fondly how Auburn argued that an undefeated team should never be left out of the National Championship again....how things have changed.  Color me delusional (bigmanfromwherever..)...Go Bucks!

Touche.  Very good point.  
JHolmes763 said:

This is what I'm afraid of, too. Gotta play the game...

It's going to be a tough game in Atlanta.  I hope Auburn wins convincingly, though, because that's the only chance of the NC staying in the SEC.  

2013-12-0122_58_41_zpsef1bd36b.gif

DePasta said:
No Bucks!

Here, fixed that for you.  If the Suckeyes beat Mich St. sure, go on to the big game. I personally would love to see, FSU, OSU, and Auburn all fall. Would cause some interesting headaches with the pollsters.