• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Southern Tier Choklat Review

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
SOUTHERN TIER CHOKLAT
Stout Brewed with Chocolate 
10.0% ABV
1 Pint 6 fl.oz.
Southern Tier Brewing Company Lake, New York
Bottled 2013
med_gallery_13257_1558_1973026.jpg
 ​
Appearance:
The Choklat has a thick dark black pour to it and with a little splash at the end of the pour if formed a nice thick foamy head at the top of the glass. In the glass it has the appearance of used motor oil at about 5,000 mile over due on an oil change. ​
 ​
Aroma:​
Even with my poor sense of smell this brew from the moment it was popped has a very strong chocolate aroma to it that will make any sweet tooth scream for a taste.​
 ​
Taste:​
BOOM Chocolate! Off the start like expected that is what you get and a lot of it. It has a nice creamy thickness to it that leaves your sweet tooth wanting more and more. On the finish of ever sip you get a nice caramel note in the back of the throat that is very enjoyable and breaks up the chocolate very nicely. Surprising the alcohol content doesn't show through on the taste at all which is really nice and makes this brew that more enjoyable with every sip. If you are a Chocolate Stout fan like myself give it a shot. Is it the best chocolate stout that I have had no but it is very decent for the price.​
med_gallery_13257_1558_17912.jpg
 ​
Cigar:​
H. Upmann EL 2009 ​
It paired very nicely with this brew on a nice snowy afternoon.​
med_gallery_13257_1492_1626079.jpg
 ​
Cheers!​
Paul​
 ​

Mmmmmm . . . that sounds like it'd go dandy with almost any cigar!

But maybe especially with a maduro Padron. Double dose of chocolate that way!

~Boar

Boar you are dead on! I'm thinking a Padron 1926 Maduro after a nice steak dinner. The perfect desert!

Nice review. I like the picture too!

I too love chocolate beers. My two favorites are Rogue Chocolate and Samuel Smiths Organic Chocolate.  ;)

Rod I have a Sam Smith awaiting a review. Maybe tomorrow

Have to concur with Rod, I love the Sam Smiths Organic Chocolate, too.