• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout Review

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout
Stout Brewed with Organic Cocoa
5.0% ABV
1 Pint 2.7 FL. OZ.
Samuel Smith's Brewery Tadcaster, UK
med_gallery_13257_1558_1467345.jpg
 ​
Apperence:
This brew has a nice medium brown glow when it is poured it a glass but once it the glass it forms into a dark brown to light black. Allowing the brew to foam a little at the end of the pour and it forms a nice soft foam head at the top of the glass that dissipates quickly.​
 ​
Aroma:​
The chocolate aroma is't as strong with this brew like I am used to with other chocolate stouts. I need to take a decent sniff to get the chocolate aroma however it is very pleasant.​
 ​
Taste:​
This brew has a very fresh chocolate flavor to it. It is not very powerful and or not too light but it is very nice. The brew is not very thick either like you find with most chocolate stouts. I really enjoy the subtle chocolate in this brew that you taste on every sip. With it only being 5.0% ABV you don't get any alcohol vapor on the nose when sipped which I really enjoy. The best way to describe this brew would be like sipping a thin chocolate milk. I really enjoy how fresh the chocolate flavors are and I can only imagine that being due to the organic cocoa they use for the brewing process. If you have not tried this brew yet do it. This was my first and I will be getting more asap.​
 ​
med_gallery_13257_1558_151702.jpg
 ​
Cheers!
Paul
 ​
 ​
 ​

Nice review.  Makes me want to find one.  I usually don't like the organic beers.  Which is weird because we get organic fruit and veggies delivered weekly. 

I pick a few bottles up every time I goto the store. One of my favorites. Tastes like a clean chocolate milk, without any overpowering chocolate. Very smooth. 

Great job House Monkey, I think I'll seek one out based on your detailed review! :thumbs:

One question though, isn't all beer organic as per Reinheitsgebot? 

I can get some of the Samuel Smith's here, but I've never seen that one. Sounds good Paul and thanks for the review.

This is a good beer.... I bought one based off of Rod's comments. I now have a few more sitting in the cellar.