• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2014 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool

Swifty

Dismember
Welcome to the 2014 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool!

Looks like we are back for our 12th year! Ketch has asked me and I have humbly accepted the request to run this years pool. This is a great opportunity for Cigarpass members (old and new) to participate in our community. Also, a BIG thanks to Bruce (NullSmurf) for setting up the automated grid again this year!

(For those who are not familiar with a box pool look HERE.)

The rules are the same as last year.

If you wish to enter please read this entire post carefully.

Here's how it works:

Any member of this board is eligible to participate.
Those who have friends on other boards who wish to participate must do it through you. Only your name will appear on the boxes chosen by you and your friends. If any of your boxes win you can either have me send the winnings to you or you can make arrangements with me to have them sent to any winners not on this board.

Prizes:

200 Fuente Opus X/Anejo cigars

*Final - 100 Opus X/Anejo cigars
3rd Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars
Half - 50 Opus X/Anejo cigars
1st Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars

Entry Fee:

The entry fee is 2 cigars per box......

Possible entry fees per box are:

2 Opus X or
2 Anejo or
1 Opus X and 1 Anejo

How To Enter:

Go HERE and choose your box/es (limit of 3 boxes per person) Please promptly PM me with a DC# or a tracking# . I need to receive all the sticks in a timely fashion so I have time to sort, catalog and post pictures of the cigars. If you are having time/shipping issues please PM me right away.
If you do not get me a DC within three days of entry, I WILL remove you from the grid and give your squares to someone else. 

Send your entry fee to me:

Khris Lassard
3214 Oakland Ave S
Minneapolis MN 55407

When you send your entry fee please include a note with the following info:

* Your name (real and screen).

* Your current mailing address.

* Your box numbers.

* A list of the cigars you have sent.

If we have not filled up the board by noon (CENTRAL TIME) on Saturday 1/18/2012, existing participants may choose one (1) additional box (if available). This will be available only after noon on the 18th and is on a First Come/First Served basis. This brings the total number of boxes you may take to FOUR (4).

Once I have received all entry fees the numbers (0-9 for the two sides AFC and NFC of the grid) will be drawn using an automated random number generator that Bruce has provided.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. 

In. Will you accept a high end CAO in lieu of Opus/Anejo?....

Kidding

I'm sending WOG's

Khris thanks for taking this up, Ketch did a pretty good job too. As always thanks Bruce!

NullSmurf said:
Tony just bought in.  There goes everyone else's chances. 

Did I win?

I'm in and thanks for hosting. Being shipped on Monday am - 9405 5036 9930 0194 2534 96. Incoming PM.

Grabbed 3 boxes.  I'll get my sticks out in the required time, pending that this snow gets cleared away!

The pool seems to be filling up pretty slowly. Those of you already participating please help get the word out. I know we have never had a year where we haven't filled the pool, but every year that I have run the pool the acuity of my anxiety is directly proportional to the speed in which the pool gets filled. That being said, anyone who has any sympathy/empathy for those of us with anxiety disorders and/or questionable mental health please do what you can to facilitate the filling of this pool. In lieu of that all donations of sedatives, benzos, fine scotch and/or craft beer will be accepted at my address as posted.

Yes so true in previous years we have sold out very quickly. Seems that the usual suspects are MIA.