• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any of You Guys Own One of These?

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I've been looking for a nicer flask to travel over night with (by car, not plane) on business and came across this one at every turn. I love the copper and rustic look, I'm just a little skeptical of the cork holding the liquid inside. 

great-american-flask-pure-copper-511px-420px.png

LINK

yeah, not sold on the stopper for a really portable flask. Looks nice, though. Be nice if they could pound some initials into the face to customize it.

-John

"Authentic American birch wood stopper" Is that red,grey, yellow or white? I don't know. It's pretty, but not practical. I'll stick with my stainless steel model with a screw down, gasketed top.

Doc

....flask?  What's wrong with a fifth in a paper bag...??... :p

It's got character that's for sure, but that cork doesn't seem too trustworthy.

This one looks a little fat for carrying in the breast pocket of a suit or in a pants pocket.

Tom's got a good point.  If traveling by car, why limit yourself to 9 ounces when you can take a full bottle?

Devil Doc said:
"Authentic American birch wood stopper" Is that red,grey, yellow or white? I don't know. It's pretty, but not practical. I'll stick with my stainless steel model with a screw down, gasketed top.

Doc

Yeah, that stopper looks shaky, right Doc? I sent them an email asking about the tightness of the seal when it's bounced around.

I have quite a few of the stainless steel and leather wrapped flasks with the screw top, along with the matching SS funnel & shot glasses in the leather holder...I was looking for something a little bigger (and cooler looking) to travel with. There's something about that copper color and the rustic look of it...especially after it gets a patina on it. 

JHolmes763 said:
yeah, not sold on the stopper for a really portable flask. Looks nice, though. Be nice if they could pound some initials into the face to customize it.

-John

John, there are a few websites that sell them that offer the engraving service as well.

khari said:
This one looks a little fat for carrying in the breast pocket of a suit or in a pants pocket.

Tom's got a good point.  If traveling by car, why limit yourself to 9 ounces when you can take a full bottle?

I feel like a wino when I travel with a bottle :laugh: ...except when I go on vacation. It's kinda like a ritual thing in my hotel room, albeit a strange one. Plus, I don't like to pack glass in my suitcase.

Like I said, I have a few of the smaller ones for the suit breast pocket that I take to weddings, business events, etc...where you can't get a nice single malt. I was looking for something bigger & different looking. 

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get that pretty green patina? You should live so long.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Do you have any idea how long it takes to get that pretty green patina? You should live so long.

Doc

:laugh:

Although, all you have to do is mix up a batch of 'Patina Fast'. Combine 2 parts vinegar, 1 1/2 part ammonia, and a half part salt...works like a charm with repeated treatments. The more you do it, the more patina you get. 

It's a trick I learned while in the antique business in Woodstock, NY....they've been doing it for years when making repairs to old copper anything...like hinges, clasps, hoods, dry sinks, etc.

I think it was invented by counterfeiters who make new stuff look old.  :whistling:

That you know where to find such a video is, to say the least, disturbing.

Doc

I had an old college professor who used to be in the construction industry who once used horse piss to get the green color on copper roofs.