• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Glendronach

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
The GlenDronach Distillery has launched two new single malt Scotch expressions—The GlenDronach 15-year-old Tawny Port Wood Finish, and The GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 2—both of which will be available in the U.S. through Anchor Distilling Company. Known for its sherried single malts, GlenDronach experimented with different types of wood for maturation to find how it would influence the whisky. The 15-year Tawny Port Wood Finish is matured in European oak and finished in Tawny Port barrels. It is 46% abv with a suggested retail price of $79.99. The Cask Strength Batch 2 is 50-60% abv, $149.99 a bottle, and has been matured in a combination of Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso Sherry casks.

I got a little mini sample of the Cask Strength Batch 2 about 2 weeks ago and it is going on my buy list whenever I find one nearby. Good sherry, nice alcohol bite, raisins and chocolate on the aftertaste.  I liked it FWIW..

This is my new favorite after my trip to Scotland. I have a cask strength that's available at the distillery that's wonderful, so I'll be on the lookout for this new one. I haven't seen any of their stuff for sale though. Maybe it all goes to the States?

Definitely a selection I will keep my eye out for.  Thanks Ray.............oh, what ever happened to a review on your special Holiday Scotch?

Glendronach is hands down my favorite Scotch, period. Revival 15, Allardice 18, all their various cask strength bottlings (they do proprietary labellings Abbey Whiskey in the UK, Spec's here in Texas, and who knows who else) so I'll be looking for these . . . although my local Spec's has dropped the ball, there's a chain up the road in San Antonio that carries their full lineup.

Sidenote, Glendronach apparently owns Benriach, or vice versa, and Benriach's Tawny Port Cask is a wonderful, wonderful dram.  Can't wait to try Glendronach's version!

~Boar