• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My wife and I have made a deal, and sealed it with a handshake.

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
My wife is one of those that loves to run.  She's always doing 5k's, 10k's, Half-Marathons.....you get the idea.  But, with the purchase of the new home, she hasn't done much of it because there hasn't been time.  So, she's been looking for a motivator.  Something that will get her back into it.  She recently found the Nashville, TN Rock n' Roll Half Marathon that she wants to take part in. 

However, this time she has asked me to do it with her.  We sign up together, train together, run together, and finish together.

While very hesitant, I'm not one to back down from a challenge that easily....however, sometimes I do require proper motivation.  So after some thorough discussion...with witnesses who can verify the terms.....we came to a deal, and we shook hands on it.

If I run the Nashville, TN Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon on 26 April 2014, then I have her full support in the purchase of a Bob Staebell, Aristocrat humidor not to exceed $2,500 prior to taxes and shipping charges.

That's right gents, I struck a deal with the devil.  After a decade of small desktops, coolers, and wine fridges....I have the opportunity to provide deluxe accommodations for my sticks.

So, I have 90 days to train prior to the event.  I cannot place the order until completion of the race, and there is no minimum time required to finish in.  I just have to be her partner in training and completion.

So if you see pics from the Half-Marathon of a guy running with a picture of  a piece of furniture two feet in front of his face, it's me.....and I'm pretty sure nothing will stop me from finishing that race.

I can sell you a similar model and we can bill her bob's prices....and then buy cigars with the extra cash!!!!! ;)

Nah...the devil always knows!!!

Fantastic, Wyatt...!!  

I've had my Staebell for over six years, as happy today as I was the day it showed up.

You want motivation? Here's motivation...

If you don't carry through with this, you're a pussy and Doc will rip you a new one for failing.

Now you have all the motivation you need. 

PS: Thank us all later after you cross the finish line Wyatt.  ;)

Niiiice!

Good luck with your training and the race!  Look forward to seeing pics of your new cabinet!!

Nicely done Wyatt, getting in shape AND a new humidor?  Can't beat that!

That sounds like a win win situation to me, you get to become a bit healthier while getting away with buying something you really want! Your wife is indeed a smart one. Good luck and don't give up!

You do realize you gotta quit smoking while you're in training, right? And no sex. "Women weaken legs". This? All for a humidor? Sounds like you got conned, by the Devil :laugh:

Doc

Devil Doc said:
You do realize you gotta quit smoking while you're in training, right? And no sex. "Women weaken legs". This? All for a humidor? Sounds like you got conned, by the Devil :laugh:

Doc

I did the Soldier Field 10 miler and Army 10 miler two years ago.  So the concept isn't foreign to me, but this will definitely be tougher because I'm a bit more out of shape.  Having said that, I figure February isn't much for cigar weather anyway, and I know I can still fit in a weekend stick here and there.  I'll  get by.

As the for the sex......for the humidor......I'm ashamed to say....yes.  I will  do this all for the humidor. 

...and yes, for some reason, I still feel like I got conned.

Brickhouse said:

So if you see pics from the Half-Marathon of a guy running with a picture of  a piece of furniture two feet in front of his face, it's me.....and I'm pretty sure nothing will stop me from finishing that race.

I had a picture of a pool table on the floor of my basement while I was finishing it.  I know the feeling! ;)

Wyatt I know how you feel. My wife and I are into the same thing but I am the one that dragged her into it with me. We have a couple 5k's and a 10k we have done that past 3 years. Last fall we did our first 10 miles and at the end of May we have our first Half Marathon planned in Boston. Fingers crossed I get clearance to start jogging in the beginning of March. I don't think you were conned since I have yet to get anything for doing the runs just satisfaction...LOL

I wish you well in your training and your run! Congrats on making the brother that will be a great humi and a good story to tell for a long time.

Good Luck!
Paul

Way to go Wyatt, but she got you cheap! I would have held out for at least $3K before taxes and shipping. Good luck with the training and yes the weekends are good for a cigar.

Awesome deal Wyatt! You get in shape and you get an awesome humidor.

Of course there's always the chance you fall, break your ankle, and she refuses to buy you the humidor because you didn't finish.

I'm sure you'll finish. That much preparation, and an Aristocrat, is a lot of motivation. Besides, if you don't finish, and get a nice Aristocrat, we'll all bust your balls until we go senile.

Having a nice cabinet makes the cigar lifestyle so much better. You'll really enjoy it.

Best of luck.

NICE!!! Something tells me that ,"one way or another", you will get that Aristocrat humidor.........

I'd order it now and have it delivered on April 26th.......It will show that you are a positive thinker if anything else...