• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today

khari

Today is my birthday.  Being 43, I don't really look forward to this day anymore.  This birthday is a little different for me though. 

Randy (Sigar_zealot) and I corresponded a lot over the past 4 or so years, mainly about Scotch whisky.  We'd hook each other up with deals when we found them, and we'd bomb the hell out of each other other times.  Prior to last February, we talked a lot about getting together, most often in Vegas.  His birthday was 2 days before mine so the plan was to meet up on one of his trips there.  He asked me to come out there for his 50th birthday last year.  He even got a bottle of Glen Grant 50 to drink for his birthday.  I was still recovering from brain surgery so I wasn't able to make it out there.  It took a while for me to recover, but he found time to check in with me a few times last year. 

Several months back he sent me a bomb.  It included a few of his favorite cigars and some really nice whiskies, including a small sample of the Glen Grant that we might otherwise have enjoyed while in Vegas. 

It was my intention to drink the Glen Grant 50 and smoke a PSD4 '06 on his birthday but work ran late and I didn't want to rush through it, so I pushed it back to today.  Well, I ran into another issue today.  The weather was pretty crappy so I didn't get to smoke the PSD4.  I am, however, drinking the Glen Grant.  So with this I make a virtual toast to a classy guy.    He was top notch.

Good form, brother. Happy Birthday. I didn't have a chance to get to know Randy, but I'm glad so many here did.

Cheers!
Randy seemed like a great guy always willing to help. He will be missed.

kari...that is a fantastic tribute.  Randy was a truly great guy.  Like you I was unable to attend his 50th, and we bombed the hell out of each other...me bombarding him with cigars and him bombarding me with hist little scotch bottles.  Those bottles are fantastic and it was ingenious the way he seal the caps using his hairdryer.  I truly miss the conversations and back and forth PMs we shared.  I know Randy would by happy to know you are enjoying the Glen Grant 50 in his honor/memory.  

Is it possible to tear up while smiling?

I tipped a few in his memory as of late myself.

-Rob

kiwifruit said:
Kind of ironic that I got to know Randy through Cairdeas. Great guy. Really nice.

That's right!  Thanks again for helping him/me out on that bomb.  I had been looking for the Cairdeas for quite a while and had given up on it.

As I read this, tribute to a class act, randy tipping my glass of dalmore. To you K have a good one!

C

Sorry I missed this old friend!  A very belated Happy Birthday to you, hope all is well with you and the family!