• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Souldog Tribute Herf (Shotguns & Cigars Herf)

emoshun

SoCal Herfin'
gallery_11097_1804_2922.jpg

Jon was a great brother of the leaf, a hefty dose of great advice and one hellova personality.

He was known by many, respected, and I for one want to celebrate that.

We are planning on meeting on the 15th, at Triple B's for this herf. I would like to arrive earlier than later so we have as much time as we want.

I really enjoy sporting clays as it promotes a shooter target mentality, instead of a lineup of 5 guys like in trap. (more competitive)

Each clay station has a bench or area to sit/herf while we all rotate through the group.

It is free to get into the area and park, see map below.

triple_b_parking_zps34342fe2.jpg

They require you to take a test (read pay money for no reason) but if you've handled a shotgun before or at least can listen to simple direction you're fine.

I would suggest you loading up on at least 50-75 rounds (3 boxes) of 12ga. ammo as you can go through that quickly. (Big 5 has great prices on Federal at $7/box)

It's $46 for 100 +/- targets and we can all pitch in on one or two keys to keep things running smooth.

I'd also like to BBQ after so we can all sit down, eat and drink and smoke some more and just hang out.

If everyone is willing to make the trek to Torrance (30 min drive) then I will get working on this.

Jimmy

That looks cool.  I had no idea there was a shotgun park in El Monte.

Oh boy, flatlanders with shotguns. Oughta be interesting to say the least. Wish I could make it. I'd let you feel my Perazzi :whistling:

Doc

All we need now is alcohol and we'll be set (ATF). ;)

The CRA and the NRA agree they share many members. I expect to see a lot of joint ventures.

I've been here many a time with my brother, father and father-in-law.

Father in law shoots geese/duck/pigeon/quail and has taught me so much in the last 7 years.

This should be a great event, if you have any questions just ask!

I'd like to try and put something in ink on my calendar by next week, anyone up for this?

I'm in. The later part of the month works better for me.

Let me know. I'd intended to set up a memorial herf for him, but I wanted to wait a bit.

Go ahead and set that up man, I will come to yours as well.

This was originally a "shotguns and cigars" herf (as you can see from some of the original comments) but I felt it better to gather and celebrate a life of a brother lost.

By all means let me know what you'd like to do, and I'll get behind it. :cool:

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. I wanted to wait until after the service, as it's still a bit too raw for me. I'll post more details once they become available . It'll probably be mid March on a Saturday, location to be determined.
My days off for March are Friday and Saturday.

Ahh, shit, rather than try to get two different herfs off the ground for the same month, I'll nix mine and let's stick with yours bud. Please let me know what I can do to help, and please send me any info on it. I'd really like to go, it's been a while since I've been.

I just found out I will be tied up on the 29th so please please please don't set this up for the 29th because I really won't to make this.

I'll do my best to be there.  Let us know when a date is set.

edit: 22/23rd might be iffy due to birthdays but don't let that stop you if it works.

Oh, for those not on FB, a relative of Jon's posted that the services will be private and by invitation only.

Pick a date as soon as possible, I'd like to be there if at all possible.  Can't promise, but I will try.

Well, I can't be there in person, but I will be in spirit. I have Jon's favorite stick coming thanks to CRQ, so tell me when to lite it up so the smoke may rise together.

Wow, thank you everyone for posting what you have. I would vote for the weekend of the 15th, please let me know.

If possible we can get together on Friday and Saturday for those coming in from out of town.

By a show of hands, let's nail this down.

Thanks guys!