• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoya de Monterrey Magnum 50?

Unless Habanos put something out recently that I never heard about, there is no such thing is an HdM Mag 50.  Sorry... :(

The second band isn't even raised lettering...is it.

Oh...and not unless it was made with the Cohiba Palm Tree in mind!

What Dave said. I believe that may be fake. In 2004 the Hoyo EL was a mag 50 I believe but it had the EL band.

Sorry...
Paul

Thanks fellas, I thought so, just didn't want to crush this guy's good mood since he's a friend. Smoking it now, it actually is pretty decent.

That's a unique custom right there. As was stated that's likely a falsey. If it smokes good then I guess that's what matters

I've never seen that cigar before, just ask him for the source without ruining his mood

AlexVlad said:
I've never seen that cigar before, just ask him for the source without ruining his mood

Hey Alex thanks for your input, but we typically have new members write an intro before posting like you already have.

Take some time to read, and you'll see why CP is unlike any other place out there.

I remember getting some of these as a bomb from another site a while back. Have never smoked one. Should I throw them away? I don't like having fake sticks.

I think Upmann did a Mag 50. If the bands are legit, I'd wonder if those bands came from them?

Most counterfeit CCs are made in Cuba. It may be worth a few minutes to try one, it may be worth the time.

Capt J said:
Most counterfeit CCs are made in Cuba. It may be worth a few minutes to try one, it may be worth the time.
Buying some counterfeit Monte Edmundos amongst other cigars is what led me to CP.

You're absolutely right J. I had one last week whilst splitting some firewood it was a pretty stellar yard gar. I wouldn't hesitate to make them a relaxation cigar in the future.

jfields said:
Buying some counterfeit Monte Edmundos amongst other cigars is what led me to CP.

You're absolutely right J. I had one last week whilst splitting some firewood it was a pretty stellar yard gar. I wouldn't hesitate to make them a relaxation cigar in the future.
I bought a fake Montecristo jar. I smoked one of the cigars and it made my lip go numb. The numbness went down my next. I felt very odd. I laid down and it all went away after an hour or so.

"the guy" must have mixed up the bands when putting them on the cigars.  Noticed you had it lit.....how did it that work out?   Good to have friends who know their stuff.

I did smoke it. Overall it wasn't an awful smoke. Bottom line, it was a gift and I've smoked a lot worse lol