• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So I pulled the trigger on a nose job...

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Ever since I was a kid I have never been able to breath through my nose. It was broken twice on the left side so it has been crushed in blocking the airways on that side. That mixed with sever allergies I am always stuffed up on the right side with no relief. When out of work with my recent foot injury I decided to see a allergist to see if he can provide me ant relief. He took one look at my nose and referred me to an ENT Dr. (ears, nose, throat). My first visit with him went exactly how I imagined... Surgery is the only fix. However it was a lot more extensive then I imagined. He couldn't get a good clear view into my nose so he sent me for a CT scan to really see whats going on and we went over the results. The structure issues i knew about but I had no idea how bad my sinuses were. They were all pinched shut both upper and lower. I have something called pulips which are blocking my airways and sinuses completely. So long story short I went under the knife Thursday and 5 hours later I have a new nose. They removed the pulips opened up my sinuses and airways fixed the structure on the left side and straitened it out. I'm currently left with a nose full of packing, stints, and splints for the next week. Thank god for pay pills because everything from my neck up hurts... even my hair! I have to flush out my nose with saline solution 6-8 times a day and let me just say despite all the pain and suffering when I did the first flush and rinsed a good 4 cups of blood out of my nose and I was able to pull air through the stints with no restriction it was like smelling air for the first time. I cant wait till Friday when everything comes out and I get my first sniffs of free breathing. Then in a couple months I will be able to smoke again.  

I hope it was all worth it and breathing will become easy!
Paul

That's a tough surgery for anyone Paul, glad you made it through ok. It's not an easy area for a surgeon to manipulate around in because you're dealing with small cavities. Takes time and skill to do the job right. It's not like working in the abdomen where you have wide open space to work around. ENT tools are like dremel tools, a lot smaller than other surgeons. Once the inflammation goes down over next month you should feel great. BTW, those pulips you're talking about is spelled polyps :)

I bet you're going to have a new perspective on the flavor profiles of cigars. Should be interesting.

Speedy recovery Paul.
Tastes and the retro-hale should be really different.

Paul, OUCH. ITS AMAZING WHAT CAN BE DONE AND EQUALLY AMAZING (whoops) how (good) you don't look after it. Your Hollywood career will just have to wait.

I honestly hope everything eases up as time progresses and look forward to your recovery and some new taste notes.

Pal, I feel for you. I had that done when I was in high school, wrestling injury, my nose never healed right. I still can't breath out of one side, but that surgery was so bad I just live with it. I don't want to go through the recovery again. Eating and drinking was the hardest part because you have to hurry up so you can take a breath, lol. Good luck brother.

I am happy for you Paul ! Finally, you should have the relief that you always wanted.
Now you will really smell that cucumber mask and that "Ode to Billie Joe" cologne you have been wearing!

Nice smokescreen on the real reason for the nose job you insecure little bitch!

You almost had me fooled.....

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Glad all seems to have gone well. May your future be filled with easier breathing, better taste and smell, an I'm sure your wife will not hear you snore anymore. I'm assuming this was an issue with what you described. ;)

C

Paul, I'm glad to hear that your doing a lot better and the benefits that your going to gain. But let's face brother nothing's going to help that mug of yours!  :laugh:

Heal up soon, Paul.  I imagine food/beer/wine/smokes will taste very different for you from now on.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and the desired outcome, Paul...!!  

Rest up, do what the doc says, you'll be back in business before you know it.

That just sounds absolutely painful.  But I am sure the pain will pay off soon!  Glad you made it through!

Now when are you going to fix the rest of your face?! :thumbs:

Good for you Paul. Sounds like a tough road, but one well worth it. Just wait to see how much more enjoyable the increase smell and taste will make food, drinks and cigars!

Just stay away from that booger sugar Paul...

Hope you heal up quickly dude!!

Have a quick recovery. Will really be interesting to see how this affects your sense of taste.

MadMonk said:
Have a quick recovery. Will really be interesting to see how this affects your sense of taste.
I bet taste and smell improves immensely Dan.