• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NCAA March Madness bracket pool...

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
Long time, no type!  I'm finally finished with grad school and have moved from Miami to LA where I am gainfully employed like a big boy.  I'm loving my job, but it's got me busy as shit and I probably won't be able to see much of the first two rounds of the tournament, much less write my daily updates any longer.  Nevertheless, I didn't want my newfound adultness to interfere with our yearly pool, so I'll still be running things as long as my relative inactivity on CP doesn't bring any apprehension.  If Rob (or anyone else, for that matter) has any objection to it, I certainly understand--just let me know...

I've already used Yahoo's little "invite past participants" tool to send an email blast to everyone, but for the benefit of any newcomers who would like to participate, here are the details:

Same stakes as last year--2 sticks per entry, minimum MSRP of $7.50 each. 

If you've somehow become an asshat in the past year, please refrain from entering.

Five entries per person maximum.

Payout scale depends on number of entries, but will be roughly 60%/30%/10% (or thereabouts) for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.

I'll assign who sends to who once it's all over--no sense shipping everything twice.

Please make sure your CP name is in your team's name.

Group Name: Cigar Pass
Group ID#: 79867
Password: rod
***After the random shithead from the internet decided to join the group last year (incidentally, up yours, Thomas whose email address is carmen4004@sbcglobal.net   I hope you crap your pants every day for the rest of your life.) I would like to ask that everyone please post in this thread with your entry names just so I don't end up having to cover the entry for Thomas (or similar boogerdicks) again this year.

Please let me know if you have any questions, etc., but please be patient as I am really busy with my new job...

Thanks, and GO ILLINI!!!!....in the NIT or CBA or AAU or whatever...

Steve/TGM

I'm sure I will be in on this, with at least two brackets.

Thanks for picking this up again Steve.  I'm in and ready to win, again!  :laugh:

Frank

I'll suck at this. Thanks and congrats on the big boy job!

Signed up for 2

Hi Steve, I got your message saying you weren't doing the Dailey reports but I didn't get a link to the Yahoo pick-em page. Between this site and few other groups I enter with I haven't been able to get into any of the groups I've joined in the past, as expected, everything is moving like molasas and I don't have the patience to fug around with it.
Thanks
Tom

FYI, just in case it wasn't obvious - the pool is with YahooSports.

*****I just noticed that if you want Warren Buffett to pay you a billion dollars for your bracket, the deadline is 1:00 AM Eastern Thursday, but otherwise, the deadline to submit your brackets is 12:15 PM Eastern Thursday.*****

thinde said:
Hi Steve, I got your message saying you weren't doing the Dailey reports but I didn't get a link to the Yahoo pick-em page. Between this site and few other groups I enter with I haven't been able to get into any of the groups I've joined in the past, as expected, everything is moving like molasas and I don't have the patience to fug around with it.
Thanks
Tom

Do you have a new email address?  I just resent it to the Choate email, but (hopefully) all the info you need to get to the group on your own is in the first post.

FoMoCo said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]Congratulations on the new job!  I am in.[/SIZE]

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. It turns out it was operator error all along! I should be all set now.

Tall Paul said:

so is this wrapped up? :thumbs:

FU...  :laugh:

I need Florida to hold it down!

:whistling: But even if they win or lose, there is no way point standings will change correct?  I think everyone picked Florida.

modo22 said:

so is this wrapped up? :thumbs:

FU...  :laugh:

I need Florida to hold it down!

:whistling: But even if they win or lose, there is no way point standings will change correct?  I think everyone picked Florida.

If the go all the way and win the championship It will move around a bit. I should take 2nd and 3rd at that point since Tom doesn't have them winning it all.

Thank god this tournament had nothing to do with football and Whooper wasn't playing!