• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Last Generation Standing~

Damn.  :(

My mother passed away in her sleep at hospice last night . . . we knew she was going, but hadn't really expected it to be quite this soon.  Lost Dad in '01 and my older brother a year ago, so I guess I'm the oldest man in my family now.  

This is all a lot harder than I expected it to be.

~Boar

Sorry to hear Boar. I lost both of mine before I reached 32. It's tough, and you have my sympathies.

Be the family beacon.  It's time to use all of the wisdom you have received to help the next generation be ready when it's their turn.  Condolences Brother.

Thanks, everyone.

My older sister and her partner live up by DFW and have been coming down every few weeks to help get Mom's estate in order ahead of time, but they just went back a couple days ago, and my kid sister, who's been down twice helping out, wasn't due back until June . . . so it's all mine to do and deal with right now, as the local boots on the ground.  Fortunately, unlike with Dad or Tim, we all knew this day would come soon and even though a little less soon would have been preferable, I'm just glad she's at peace and not suffering anymore.  She'd been in and out of ERs, hospitals and nursing homes for the past four years and I can't help but think that, if some aspect of us does go on, Mom's probably as relieved as any of us that it's finally all over.  And she got to be surrounded by family in her final days.

In the end, we remember people's lives more than their deaths.  I'm a little in shock still right now---it's not a phone call anyone EVER wants to wake up to---but we'll carry on.

~Boar

Condolences extended.  I agree that you need to remember the good/fun/happy times and let the bad times fade away.  It sounds as though you have a loving/caring family , so get together and share the memories.  It'll make ya laugh and cry, but it'll be good for all of y'all.  Hang in there.

Floyd T.