• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kentucky Fire Cured Anybody tried these?

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
I have had a few now and damnit I like them! Crazy spice and a strange aroma. 
I think I will be doing a review'

Discuss.....

I have one cooking in the humidor. Maybe I'll pull it out and try it. I've heard they aren't for the weak.

I would not keep these with regular cigars. Latakia can definitely transfer to other tobaccos. I'm not sure if I'll spend money to try one. I smoke pipes too, and rarely smoke Latakia anymore. If I want that flavor, I'll load a bowl. Not a gimmick, in my estimation, but certainly not something I want or look for in a cigar.

Very mellow fire cured taste. The aroma is delicious. I quite like them, but it's definitely something I have to be in the mood for...

I have had one of the 4x46 and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have about 10 left if anyone wants a cover let me know. I will hook you up for what I paid for em and ship em for free. I think they were 7.20 each but would have to double check.

How does it compare to the Leccia Blacks and George Rico STK?

I have only had the Leccia and I think the KFC is better. 

I was just gifted one. Smells like some hickory jerky or something.  So weird.  Should I chew on the cigar?

I had a Kentucky Gentleman this weekend.  I really thought is was pretty good.

Kentucky Fire Cured tip.

uptown_isy said:

I was just gifted one. Smells like some hickory jerky or something.  So weird.  Should I chew on the cigar?

Tastes like Fritos.

OK...two guys who's opinions I totally respect are telling me it's hickory flavored beef jerky rolled in a Fritos tortilla!

Can't wait to try this one 

What's next?...'crack in a bowl' flavored cigars?  :laugh:

uptown_isy said:
aka Bacon blue cheese dip?

Isy, time to start a boutique cigar company and get working on this blend!  :laugh:

In respect to BTB's OP, I am definitely going to try one of these eventually.  I enjoy the smokey flavor of latakia and just smoked things in general, so I'm curious to give it a shot. 

This thread reads like a dish that someone made at home and posted in the Food section!  :laugh:

Now I definitely have to try one, just need to find a B&M that carries them so I can buy a single....not sure a 5er is in order. 

Gary, go ahead and jump on a fiver.  Then you'll have 3 years and 5 days worth of sticks in your humi....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

broblues said:
Gary, go ahead and jump on a fiver.  Then you'll have 3 years and 5 days worth of sticks in your humi....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...I wish I had the room for 5 more cigars!

ironpeddler said:

I'm not convinced that these won't transfer that smokiness to other cigars. 

MadMonk said:

Yeah.  I agree there may be something to this.  I know from having a lot of latakia heavy pipe tobacco blends that even sealed in the mason jars I can smell the smokiness when I open my cabinet.

bluue13 said:

Yeah.  I agree there may be something to this.  I know from having a lot of latakia heavy pipe tobacco blends that even sealed in the mason jars I can smell the smokiness when I open my cabinet.

I here ya guys, that's why I just want one to smoke. I tried 3 B&Ms today while out on the road today and no one had the KFC. I did however grab one of the DE Nirvana Corona Gordas while at one shop. That should be interesting....$12.41 with taxes  :laugh: