• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MacBook Air tip

MadMonk

This was new to me. Might not be for some of you who grew up with a mouse in one hand.

I decided to try Mac for a spare, and super portable computer. It was easy to justify the cost due to Mac being very prevalent in areas of my trade. A lot of jobs require Mac experience. 

I went with the Air due to weight and battery life. So far, so good! It is very responsive, light, thin, and just plain easy to lug around.

This came from my cousin who uses Macs for his trade as a film producer of Short films, Documentaries, advertising, etc.

Tip: 

Load google chrome. Do not load flash player. Will greatly extend your battery charge life. 

I did not realize that Chrome would play these files, like youtube. I don't know if it is just flash in the background, cloud deal, or if it really does as he says with battery life. I just took him at his word because he is a pretty sharp and talented young man. So far, it has worked flawlessly.

Thank you for the tip! I too have a MacBook Air, it is fairly new to me and I continuously try and trouble shoot my way around. Any tips that come along are truly appreciated! Hope you enjoy yours...PS Still having a hard time figuring out the photograph aspect of it, such as attaching a pic to a file etc. 

britishfields said:
Thank you for the tip! I too have a MacBook Air, it is fairly new to me and I continuously try and trouble shoot my way around. Any tips that come along are truly appreciated! Hope you enjoy yours...PS Still having a hard time figuring out the photograph aspect of it, such as attaching a pic to a file etc. 
I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still in explicative assisted trial and error stage. Will let you know if I figure it out.  :)

Heh! I know that stage well Dan! She was ready to take it back a few times the first few weeks. I encouraged her to press on though. The biggest reason we went Mac is that I have never seen anyone so capable of bogging PC's down with virus's in my life...... Without even trying.

"iolo system mechanic" is a nice, inexpensive software that automates a lot of maintenance routines, and more, for my windows PCs. I like it.

britishfields said:

Let me know exactly what you're trying to do and I can help. :)

emoshun said:

Let me know exactly what you're trying to do and I can help. :)

Oh thank you! I think I may have figured out the photo thing...I think! I will definitely get back to you on the other issues as I come across them!  :D

Question? Lets see if I can muddle through my confusion and ask what I mean. I have a pdf file saved to my computer that I want to alter. I want to cut and paste something on to this file. Someone who doesn't have a mac opened the same file on theirs and it had an option to take a screen shot, it did and she then pasted it onto Microsoft word doc. she then did the same with another smaller doc and pasted that onto the one we just did, so now I have one sitting on top of the other. Can I do that on here (my mac). It didn't give me the option to screen shot when I opened the file, and when I saved it as a pdf and tried to open it in Word, it didn't recognize the text. Blah! 
Thank you for your help,

:D

WOW!!!! Can I just say we have some fantastic people on here!! I have never met such a wonderful group of people that will go above and beyond to help an SOTL or BOTL without expecting anything in return! Thank you so much for your help...

JHolmes763 said:

Well that was clever! Thanks for that. Can you believe it never occurred to me to google this..Don't answer that question!

JHolmes763 said:
I'll assume the first part of the message was not for me. :)

You were very helpful in fact Ive already used the screenshot!! Ive no idea where it went but I heard it click... :laugh:  :D

Brit., on your first main screen, the one with the system on it, look below on the very bottom, you will see a button called photo. Touch it and it will open up and look around. Your photos should be in there.