• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Noella Reserva 2013

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I was most definitely a Tat whore back when I was smoking regular, really enjoyed Pete’s smokes and have to say the Tatuaje Noellas Reserva was probably in my top five of favorite cigars.  I mean, the original release was just incredible, fitting my palate perfectly.  So, when I found out these were being released yet again, I had to pick some up. 

I’ve inspected a number of these and there are some with a shiny smooth wrapper, and then some with a very rough, very toothy wrapper.  I’ve also smoked several and there’s been a couple with really bad tunneling/under filling.  But, for the most part these things are smoking really well.

The one I grabbed out the desktop feels a bit on the light side making me think it could be somewhat under filled, but hoping not.  It has a semi-smooth wrapper that is quite dark in color, and after punching the cap the draw is open, but does have some resistance.  The flavor in the cold draw is just dark, earthy tobacco and does taste a bit young.  I toast the foot for several seconds, blow on the embers, and then move the cigar under my nose a couple times to get a smell of the smoke, which is wonderful.

I take a couple puffs; let it rest for a bit, then take a nice draw.  As I slowly blow the smoke out, there’s a slight bit of pepper in the nose and on the tongue, but oh my the flavor of this thing.  Dark woodiness, delicious sweet bread like ginger or pumpernickel, dark, rich chocolate.  I mean really, really rich.  As I smoke, the burn is perfect with a nice light gray ash forming through the almost perfect draw.  There’s tons of smoke produced and again is simply fantastic to my palate with a nice aftertaste.  Definitely has some strength to it as well, not a knock your socks off kind, but still it’s certainly full bodied. 

This was one delicious cigar through to the very end with perfect draw, incredibly rich flavor and lasting finish.  I can say it fit my palate perfectly, and did remind me a great deal of the original Noellas Reserva that I enjoyed so much.  I would love to see how these sticks would turn out with some age; however I am fairly certain they won’t last long enough to find out, at least not around me!  :D   Hope everyone’s had a great hump day!

Our two new babies...Daisy (dark) and Max (white)

I missed these reviews. Great pictured and review......cute schnauzers.

Yes great review and nice pics and dogs. What camera are you using as your pictures are freaking sharp?

Light this! said:
Yes great review and nice pics and dogs. What camera are you using as your pictures are freaking sharp?

Thanks!  It's a Canon Rebel T3.  

I had one of these recently and agree. It is a kick ass smoke. Very tasty.

Good review. Great looking puppies.

Never tried those. Dang, I have a box of Regular Noellas that have to be 2 or 3 yrs old, min. I should pull some out and let them dry down a bit. 

Thanks for the review, Greg. I love those smokes, I actually had one yesterday morning! It's great to see you doing reviews again, I've always looked forward to them. You deserve the relaxation of it. Can't wait for the next one!

Wow, I could taste this cigar just by reading the review! Beautifully described. I'm going to a cigar lounge on my lunch break to see if they have these babies in stock and smoke one! Nice looking doggies!

Yes! Finally! So great to see you back reviewing Greg! Missed that. Glad to see ya back man!

I picked up a box of these and the regios when the new releases first came out. Letting them sit, but have snuck a few and gifted a few. They are smoking great!! And those I gifted them to have said the same, can't wait to see them after some age. I still wish I had an original noella reserva to compare it too. I have a few of the original regios left and plan to do a side by side review this summer.

whylieineedacigar said:
Wow, I could taste this cigar just by reading the review! Beautifully described. I'm going to a cigar lounge on my lunch break to see if they have these babies in stock and smoke one! Nice looking doggies!
Yes, The King of Antz doesn't suck at this. He tells a bit of a story of the whole experience, rather than plainly and simply describe, as our beloved Doc puts it, "Gustatory Hallucinations" hahaha.

Good to see you post these again Greg. These were one of my favorites a number of years ago so glad to hear the new release is on par.