• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Coronas Junior

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I slept in a bit this morning, not getting up until 7:30 a.m.  It was still dark outside with rain coming down, looked to be a dreary start to the day.  The girls got up a bit later, got ready, and we all headed out to get some breakfast.  Full up, we all headed back, and after some playing Mario on the Wii with my baby girl, I decided to come out and have a smoke.  Of course, everyone followed me out, including the schnauzers, who commenced to having a blast playing (rain had stopped finally). 

An H. Upmann Coronas Junior is what I picked out to smoke, no idea the age on it as it was a hitchhiker in a purchase I made.  I like the color of the tubo, and love this size vitola, perfect for me.  The cigar has a rustic look to it with a reddish brown wrapper and the one large vein running the length.  It feels rather light, but not too light in the hand, and after punching the cap, I find the draw is spot on perfect.  Pre-draw has a bit of a musty tobacco flavor, and I’m thinking this little sucker may have some age?  Especially with tiny sugar crystals here and there shining on the wrapper. 

The smoke emanating from the foot as I toast it smells wonderful, and after a couple quick puffs, I let the cigar rest for just a bit, and then take a long, slow draw.  Just as the pre-draw tasted, the smoke as well had a hint of mustiness to it with a ton of wood notes like fresh cut cherry.  There are some notes of grassiness coming through as well with the finish rather short on the palate, slight bitterness on the tongue.  As I let the smoke escape through my nose, there a good bit of pepper that burns a bit, but not too badly. 

As I smoke on through, there are a couple of slight runs, but nothing major.  I have to puff quite a bit to get good smoke through, even though the draw is perfect, maybe a bit of tunneling in there as well.  The ash falls off about three quarters in, and I can see some small holes that have caused the burn problem.  While this is a small size cigar, I can say without doubt it is full bodied as it’s packing some power in it.  I continue to get the very woodsy, grassy flavor in the peppery smoke, possibly a taste of bread coming through in there somewhere.  Not bad at all really. 

About halfway in, Max and Daisy (pups) both coming running up on the porch whining and crying like crazy, jumping around and doing some kind of crazy dance.  Yep, they had their first run in with a fire ant bed.  Seems they decided to do some digging in one right in front the house, poor things.  Had to rush then in and put them both in the sink to wash all the ants out.  I’m sure they won’t go digging in another one. 

I finished up the smoke in no time at all, and can say it was fairly consistent throughout, getting a bit hot towards the very end with a bitter taste coming through.  I did enjoy the cigar, but really not one I would probably get a box of.  Maybe they would mellow with some good age on them as I know I’ve smoked a few of the No. 2 Upmann with age and very much enjoyed them. 

My baby girl growing up!

My beautiful baby, Casey

Awesome review!  Haven't seen one of these in forever, great to see you reviewing again.