• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Punch Petit Corona

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
[SIZE=medium]Eighty six degrees baby!  That’s the temp when I get off at 5:00 this evening.  Blue sky, sunshine, nice breeze…finally!  I rush home, change into shorts and a t-shirt, then let the pups out for a bit.  I decide to fix a couple fingers of Elijah Craig 12 yr, grab the Punch Petit Corona in my desktop, and then head outside under the gazebo. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This cigar was a tag-a-long in a purchase made not long ago, so not sure the age; however looking at the band it seems to have at least a couple few years on it.  The wrapper is a dull, light brown with patchwork veins here and there.  It’s very firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap I find there’s very little air flowing through.  Damn.  Hoping once lit, it will warm up and loosen the leaves enough to open the draw.  Taste in the cold draw is of musty tobacco, maybe an indication of the age?  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I toast the foot and blow on the forming embers until I see a nice glowing orange covering it.  I take a few puffs and then a good draw, and get a taste of musty cedar wood along with fresh baked white bread, the finish is short as I let the smoke escape through mouth and nose with a somewhat charred wood flavor on the tongue.  There’s slight pepper in the nose that seems perfect.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]As the cigar burns down, a medium to dark gray ash is forming, and the draw opens enough for an ample amount of smoke to flow through.  I continue to get a woody flavor in the smoke, again that of cedar and baked bread.  I can also say this little sucker is packing a nice punch, matching its name for sure, full bodied with a short finish.  I have to say I really don’t care for the charred wood taste that seems to become prominent the further in I get.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Towards the end, I have to let the cigar rest for some time between draws as it’s getting quite hot if I don’t.  It’s also gained in strength with the charred wood becoming a bit too much for my palate, so I put it down with maybe three quarters of an inch left.  I did enjoy this little cigar the first half to three quarters of it, but will say I probably wouldn’t go out and buy a box as it just wasn’t my cup of tea.  While Punch is a decent cigar, it’s not one that’s been a staple in my humis previously, although I have enjoyed some that had a good bit of age on them.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

Nice Greg! Other than the Double Corona's I've never had a taste for the line myself.

Greg nice review.

jfields said:
Nice Greg! Other than the Double Corona's I've never had a taste for the line myself.

John, I totally agree with you here and has been my experience as well. 

jfields said:
Never had the DC, but the only one I've really enjoyed were the Super Selection No.1.   The rest have been just "ok" to me.

Bsneed51 said:

Never had the DC, but the only one I've really enjoyed were the Super Selection No.1.   The rest have been just "ok" to me.

THAT'S the one I was trying to remember!  They had a sale on some really old ones years ago that were covered with plume.  Most were plugged all to hell, but the ones that did have a good draw?  Oh man.