• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3rd Annual River City Big Smoke (Southern Indiana)

modo22

My local B&M in Evansville, Indiana is having their 3rd Annual River City Big Smoke is Saturday, APRIL 26, 2014 from 2:30 PM till 6:30 PM CST at The Event Gallery, 956 Parrett Street, Evansville, Indiana. I am simply throwing this out there to hopefully get a few members to meet up, I do not work for the shop, just support them regularly. 

Here is a little of what they are putting on with the event....
--------------
We'll have lots of Food, Free Cigars in a “Goodie Bag”, great Door Prizes, Free Liquor Tastings, and lots, lots more! This year’s event will benefit the Indiana Premium Cigar Dealer’s Association. This is an association we have established to protect your rights to enjoy fine cigars in Indiana as well as work with lobbyists to get the Indiana Cigar Tax capped at $.50 per stick. If we succeed this will save you at least $1.00 per cigar.
Because this is now an “Industry Event” we’re asking many of our manufacturers to attend and to donate some of their best cigars for our goodie bags. We’re also asking our manufacturers to support this event with some great door prizes and anything else that will help us make this a really special event.
Due to The Event Center’s maximum capacity and the number of cigars we can ask manufacturers to donate, we’re limiting tickets to 250 total. The price will be $75 each which is all inclusive except drinks from the cash bar.
We will do our best to have tickets available for sale at Cigar! Cigar! by March 21, 2014. Our plan is to make sure the cigars and accessories in the “Goodie Bag” exceed the ticket price, so the food, door prizes, liquor samples, etc. will be icing on the cake!
--------------

Last years event was a great time, the cigar bag exceeded the ticket price and there were over 20 free scotch/whiskey/bourbon tastings.  For this year here is what I know so far; they have cigars from these companies already. La RoMa de Cuba, Perla del Mar, PDR, Baccarat and butane from Xikar. Drew Estate, Alec Bradley, still more to be added.  Silent auction items will include La Palina Allison box w/La Palina ashtray (2 auctions), prints from Ashton (4 prints), box of Camacho Diploma, 2 different Xikar gift sets. Various items from different manufacturers for raffle items to be given out throughout the event. Last year they did about 20 raffles with good prizes, not just a branded cutter or something cheap (In fact I am still bitter that I did not win either of the two Tatuaje coffin travel humi's they gave away and they went to some chick who didn't smoke and was going to use it as a jewelry box :) )  Then throw in the liquor tastings and the pork roast, you will barely need the cash bar if you are a light weight like me with whiskey. 

Would love to meet up with some CP members here, it really is a good time.  If any Tri-state CP folks can make it or are interested, let me know and I will get your ticket ahead of time at the shop.