• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father Limited Edition 2010

bluue13

My Father Limited Edition Toro 2010
6.5 x 52

I was able to grab a box of these beauties from Gabriel recently so I figured I'd revisit this cigar from when I first grabbed them in 2010.

Full disclosure:  The cigar I smoked for this review was 1 of 2 I had left from my original stash.  I wanted to let the ones I just got rest a bit more before I jumped on them.  I can't imagine the results would be much different from one box to the next.  These cigars are impeccable.  Anyway... The Review:

After a completely insane weekend of running a F.I.T. Challenge OCR (more on that in another thread) and playing a few gigs, I decided it was a perfect day yesterday to "smoke the good ones now."  It was a beautiful afternoon in RI, high 50's, sunny, and pleasantly warm. Spring is in the air indeed.  I grabbed one of these out of my humi and headed outside to enjoy the sun and decompress from the weekend.

There is some yellow on the cello from these sitting in my humi for the past 4 years but the cigar itself has held up perfectly.  Right off the bat I give this cigar a 10/10 in construction and appearance.  Beautiful smooth slightly oily wrapper with no imperfections.

Pre-light aroma off the foot is of sweet hay and milk chocolate.

I cut the cap and take a deep cold draw and get the same sweet and chocolatey flavors with some added spice.

I toast the foot and get it burning nice and evenly and take a few draws to get it going and then follow it up with a full draw.  I get flavors of rich creamy tobacco and strong coffee.  Great sweetness and mellow spice coming through.  As I smoke through the first third the strength picks up a little and the flavors turn more toward stronger coffee and less swetness.  I'm greeted with some fantastic flavors of french roast on the retrohale.  The burn is sharp and the draw is perfect.  The ash is light gray and holding strong.

Second Third:
The strength kicks up a notch on me here.  Picking up flavors now mostly of strong black coffee.  Just a hint of the sweetness is returning on the finish. The burn and draw are still spot on.  As I move toward the end of this third I get a hint of brightness, almost like a faint hint of orange peel.  The spice starts to come through a bit more.  Still a great smooth finish.

Final Third:
Rich tobacco and dark chocolate flavors take the forefront now.  Spice has mellowed out almost completely.  Burn is sharp and the draw is perfect.  The citrus notes I was picking up on are still present and are balanced out very nicely with the rich tobacco flavors.  The aroma from the smoke still maintains the sweetness.  Touches of coffee on the retrohale but not as strong.  Interestingly enough the wrapper split on me twice, both under where the two labels were.  I'm assuming some of it had to do with the fact that its still quite dry out.  Also interestingly enough, it never threw off the burn.  Sweet hay and tobacco coming back on the finish.  When... BAM... out of nowhere the strength kicks up about twofold on me like a strong hit of espresso and dark chocolate.  I stand up and get a nice little nic hit too.  Wasn't expecting it and loved every bit of it all the way to the nub.

Overall I give this cigar a 9.5/10.  The -0.5 comes from the split wrapper.  If that hadn't happened I would've given it a 10/10.  

In my opinion its worth every penny that these cigars go for.  I'm damn sure looking foward to smoking the ones I have left.

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

Excellent review brother, great pics to boot.

Liking the mug shot!

That was an awesome review! I happen to agree w you on the flavor profile u gave! It is a great cigar. One of my favorites.

My only complaint about Pepin cigars are that I hardly ever get all the way through one without a wrapper split, except for his broadleaf maduro sticks.

Excellent review Greg my friend with great pics!  Did a great job on the detail of the experience.  Made me wish I had kept some of the ones i had back in the day! 

Thanks, Greg!  Would be lying if I said I didn't draw some inspiration from how you write your reviews!  I think its a format that works well and helps others feel like they can really relate to your experience.  

Still kicking myself for not jumping on that box.

Nice review, love MFLE's!

Great review and photos.  The first cigar that really did it for me was the Puff N Stuff MFLB.  Excellent.