• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
                                  WELCOME TO THE GETTING YOUR FEET PASS WET #4!

We will be learning about rarity, HTF's, pass etiquette, equal puts and takes, and quite a few other things that pop up during the course of a regular pass. This is a learning pass so I expect all questions and everyone's puts and takes to be posted in this thread and not pm'ed directly to Gary (ironpeddler) or myself. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone by making their question public or by leaving their P/T's out for scrutiny....one man's question may answer the same question that 5 others have. Our main goal is to learn how to successfully take a pass, come up with proper values, inventory it, inspect it, package it, and to have fun while doing it. Hopefully one of the main components of this pass is you come away with a few new friends. This is something that's needed to be done for a while, so jump in! I would expect this to get off the ground sometime in late August or early September at the absolute latest when my other pass is finished. I'm pretty good at running passes, so you'll be able to say you have one under your belt where you learned to pass the correct way. This will be a fun, knowledgeable, and entertaining pass with a few contests in it. I am limiting this pass to 15 participants so jump in now while there are spots open!

Gary (ironpeddler) will co-host this pass with me so he can learn to run one even though he's been in many. I expect you to respect when he and I offer advice because it will be just that, advice, not criticism..

INITIAL RULES:

1) This must either your first or second pass here on Cigar Pass. If you're really new though, I want to see activity from you between now and the start or I will replace you.
2) We will use 3 sources for pricing and everyone must use the same three so everyone is on the same page with their pricing. 
3) When I put out the pass list I will assign each of you 2 cigars to research and come up with the prices for them.
4) When doing your P/T's you must show your pricing from the three vendors using the example I gave below. All of the cigars on the initial iist will have a price next to it so you'll only have to research and do the math for your puts.
5) You must make at LEAST 4 trades. The more trades, the more you learn. Also, At least 4 trades defrays the shipping costs a little.
6) I will require you to follow the whole pass whether you are first in line or last. That's the only true way to learn.
7) Absolutely no ISOM's in this pass. I don't want to wonder where they came from. I may do a general Newbie ISOM Pass later in the year.
8) Unless there is a handoff/HERF with another passer(s), the turnaround should be no more then two days. I understand life gets in the way at times, so if you feel there may be a slight delay, pm Gary, myself, and the passer following you

Out 3 sources are : 
http://www.smokeinn.com/

http://www.holts.com/home.html

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/

http://www.seriouscigars.com/   (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

http://www.famous-smoke.com/  (to be used only if a price can't be found in one of the above 3)

When looking up a price, say it's for a My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto, Get a BOX price from each of the three vendors and divide by the number of cigars in the box. When you've done that for all three, you divide the single prices by three and that's the value that will be used.

Example:
Holt's box $143.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.26
Smoke Inn $142.95/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.22
CI box $144.50/23 cigars per box = single price of $6.28

Add the 3 single prices together and divide by 3 and we have a set value of $6.25 for a My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto.
Simple as that! 

Any cigar worth less than $10 will be allowed a +/- 5% difference in value. Anything between $10 and $20 will be allowed a +/- of 7.5% on a trade. What I don't want is all your puts to be under. Remember, we're trying to get as close as we can regardless of them being within the parameters that I've set.

PARTICIPANTS IN ORDER

1) IRONPEDDLER
2) Slick300
3) ncast2523
4) whylieineedacigar
5) vortex
Big Bear (OUT)
Bu11dog (OUT)
jvel79 (OUT) 
6) llwydty
7) Pugman1943 (PUNKED OUT) 
8) MTovarez
9) kxthor1901
10) CParker
13) theronray
King Beefy (OUT)
14) fjldo
15) Capt J
16) Jonesy Back to Ironpeddler

We're Officially Done...great job gentlemen!

CIGAR LIST:

1)    HEX Figurado by Sindicato Cigars   $6.52
2)    WOAM T-ncast2523
3)    Tatuaje Classic Petite Reserva
4)    Padron Anniversary Monarcha maduro T-Slick300
5)    Illusione Rothchildes T-llwydtp
6)    MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Chunky
7)    Ortega Series D #12 maduro T-theronray
8)    Ortega Series D #12 natural T-CaptJ
9)    Nica Rustica El Brujito T-CParker
10)  La Riqueza #4
11)  La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore Belicoso T-theronray
12)  Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Maduro
13)  Casa Magna Churchill
14)  My Uzi Weighs a Ton Churchill (Drew Estates) T-CaptJ
15)  Liga Privada #9 Oscuro Y-vortex
16)  La Palina El Dario Kill Bill T-theronray
17)  Cabaguan Guapos T-whylieineedacigar
18)  Viaje Double Edged Sword  T-ncast2523
19)  Liga Privada #9 Belicoso T-CParkerSons of Anarchy by Black Crown Prospect
20)  Tatuaje 10 Miami  T-ironpeddler
21) Alec Bradley Connecticut Robusto T-vortex
22) Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 Sun Grown  T-ironpeddler
23) La Riqueza Belicoso T-CParker
24) La Juegeda Prieto Belicoso T-Slick300
25) Illusione ~2~  T-Slick300
26) My Father #2 Belicoso T-CaptJ
27) Oliva Series V Belicoso T-ironpeddler
28) Don Pepin Garcia Original Invictos T-ironpeddler
29) Alec Bradley Black Market Hooligan
30) Headley Grange Dobles T-vortex
31) La Palina 50 Maduro T-whylieineedacigar
32) Ortega Series D #8 Natural
33) Tatuaje Black Lancero T-whylieineedacigar
34) Tatuaje TAA 2012  T-ncast2523
35) Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro T-whylieineedacigar
36) Arturo Fuente Work of Art Maduro T-MTovarez
37) Casa Magna Robusto P-ironpeddler T-ncast2523
38) Arturo Fuente Queen B P-ironpeddler T-whylieineedacigar
39) Arturo Fuente King B P-ironpeddler T-llwydtp
40) LFD Capitulo II P-ironpeddler T-Slick300
41) Rocky Patel HR500 P-Slick300
42) LG Diez (Lusitano) P-Slick300 T-Kxthor911
43) Leccia Black (XO) P-Slick300
44) Kristoff Maduro Ligero (churchill) P-Slick300 T-llwydtp
45) Herrera Esteli Norteno Toro Especial P-ncast2523 T-vortex
46) Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Toro P-ncast2523 T-fjldo
47) La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel P-ncast2523
48) AF Opus X Angel's Share RdC P-ncast2523 T-Kxthor911
49) Tatuaje Black Corona Gorda P-whylieineedacigar T-Kxthor911
50) Crowned Heads Las Calaveras 550 P-whylieineedacigar T-vortex
51) Padron Ambassador Maduro P-whylieineedacigar T-fjldo
52) Herrera Esteli Piramide P-whylieineedacigar T-Kxthor911
53) Room 101 San Andres 808 P-whylieineedacigar T-CParker
54) Padron 26 #6 Maduro P-vortex T-Kxthor911
55) Oliva V Melanio Maduro Torpedo P-vortex
56) Tatuaje 7th Reserva P-vortex T-MTovarez
57) Oliva V Melanio Maduro Robusto P-vortex
58) Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic Robusto P-vortex
59) La Aroma de Cuba Edition Especial #1 P-vortex T-MTovarez
60) Don Pepin Blue Fundadores (Lanceros) P-llwydtp T-Kxthor911
61) El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Suprema P-llwydtp
62) Don Pepin Garcia Series JJ Sublime P-llwydtp
63) El Centurion Toro P-llwydtp MISSING
64) Oliva V Double Robusto P- MTovarez
65) Oliva V Churchill Extra P- MTovarez
66) Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto 5'x50 P- MTovarez
67) Viaje Double Edge Sword 2 P-Kxthor911 T-CParker
68) Viaje Antidote P- Kxthor911 T-theronray
69) Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Bombones Extra P-Kxthor911 T-CParker
70) Viaje Super Lance P-Kxthor911 T-theronray
71) Paul Garmirian Symphony 20 Short Robusto P-Kxthor911
72) Illusione Ultra #1 P- Kxthor911 T-fjldo
73) Cain Daytona 654T P-CParker
74) Illusione Holy Lance P-CParker T-theronray
75) JD Howard Reserve HR46 P-CParker
76) Cuvee 151 Robusto Maduro P-CParker
77) Davidoff Nicaragua Diadema P-CParker
78) Warped La Colmena #44 P-CParker
79) Oliva Series O Robusto Maduro P-theronray
80) Don Pepin Blue Exclusivo P-theronray
81) Cabaiguan Imperiales P-theronray T-fjldo
82) My Father lancero #4 P-theronray
83) Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva #46  P-theronray
84) Headley Grange Corona Gorda P-theronray
85) Asylum Toro P-fjldo
86) Illusione hl Lancero P-fjldo
87) Tatuaje Regios Reserva P-fjldo
88) Liga Privada T-52 Toro P-fjldo
89) Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2 P-fjldo
90) Tatuaje 10th Anniversary Bell Encre Reserva P-CaptJ
91) La Palina Classic Robusto P-CaptJ
92) Ashston VSG Robusto P-CaptJ

We're DONE!

DISCLAIMER:  This cigar list may change a time or two over the next little bit. Once we are full, it will be set with no further changes.

Pass Thread
Be sure you check frequently to make sure when you are due up. Make sure you're ready for the pass and let me know if you need to be shifted. To make things go a little smoother, it is recommended that you check the list and post your P/T prior to receiving the pass. This will give you a head start towards getting that box back out the door. ALL P/T's WILL BE POSTED ON THE THREAD. NO PM's because you and the others can't learn if you run them through Gary or myself first.

Pass Arrival
Upon opening the pass, inventory all contents and inspect all of the cigars. The last thing you want is to be blamed for a damaged cigar because you didn't inspect thoroughly. Do not take the cigars out of their baggies! Make sure each cigar that is listed on the sheet, is in the pass box. Always double check against what I have here on this main page also. Packaging is of utmost importance. You want to make sure that once you put the cigars into the container, there is no movement. Also, after you've put the container back in the box and the packaging materials around the container, give it a slight shake to make sure there is no movement from inside the main pass box. There will be a folder inside with the cigar list and everyone's info. If the carrier decides to play football with the box and it looks like it needs to be replaced and you can replace it, please do so.

Shipping

Now you're ready to ship. Post on the board ensuring the next on the list is ready. Inside the same folder as before you will find a sheet of paper with everyones address. Shoot a PM his way and verify the address you have and that he's ready to receive it.
Next, ensure that all cigars are in their own individual baggies and in its proper gallon bag. Make sure the container is humidified properly and close the box up. After closing, make sure there is no movement inside the box.

I will supply single cigar baggies, a few gallon bags, 2 pens, a humidifier, a hygrometer, and a sharpie. Make sure these things are in the pass when shipped.

Way to go Brian. I was thinking of doing one again but you saved me the trouble. :thumbs:

No interest in this other than MTovares yet, that's a little disappointing.

NEWBS get in on this!!!

Also just a friendly suggestion... Maybe the 4 stick minimum is a bit tough for some newbs? Could be intimidating.

C

Sorry guys but I'm going to back out of this one. Thankfully the start date isn't for months in the future, so it shouldn't affect anything.

To everyone who joins - enjoy! :D

CMontoya79 said:
NEWBS get in on this!!!

Also just a friendly suggestion... Maybe the 4 stick minimum is a bit tough for some newbs? Could be intimidating.

C
C,

I appreciate your suggestion, but with this being a newbie pass the stick value will be $5-$10 a piece. I don't want to see the guys end up paying as much in postage as if they only made 3 $5-$6 dollar trades.

I must have misread the rules the first time around and thought that only people that have never been in a pass could join, now I see that this could also be your second pass so I'm in!

I've re done a few of the rules to open it up a little more. Some of you guys have been in a pass before, but had to learn on the fly because it was your first, but wasn't a learning pass.

Glad to have you!

whopper said:

No interest in this other than MTovares yet, that's a little disappointing.

Too many rules. :0

Bill, you know if there's ever going to be a pass with too many rules, it's gonna be a newbie pass!

I've re done a few of the rules to open it up a little more. Some of you guys have been in a pass before, but had to learn on the fly because it was your first, but wasn't a learning pass.

Glad to have you!

Well in that case, I'll be happy to join in, if you'll have me :)

Glad to be aboard, thanks for including me Brian. I'm sure this will fill up over the Spring so there's no rush guys. This will be a nice casual Pass that will run like a charm. It will be filled with contests and other interesting cigar related stuff. The cigars will be affordable and won't include any crazy expensive sticks...so don't worry if you can play.

Anyone interested who has any questions at all, don't be shy and PM me any questions you may have...any questions at all. 

Thanks again Brian...this is going to be great!

C'mon guys, sign up, we have stuff to do before the pass starts and you don't want to be left out!